Chilly Dogs vs. Voyagers / Worth the Cost?

JacksonsMom

So I really like the style of both of these coats, very similar. Stylish enough for me (or, rather, for Jackson ;)) but seem like they will do the job in keeping him warm. They are pricey though.

With Chilly Dogs, I don't have the option of him wearing his harness underneath (which he wears every day), so that kind of sucks. It'd be $70 plus shipping.

With Voyagers (on etsy) http://www.etsy.com/shop/VoyagersK9Apparel?ref=seller_info it would also be $70 + $10 extra for harness hole.

I'm not sure if it's worth the cost, though I really love the looks of them and the reviews.

Do you know of anything comparable but lower in cost? I'd preferably like no sleeves, fleece lined, and the outside of it being some kind of nylon or waterproof material. Really, under $60 would be nice.

JacksonsMom

I have a friend whose put a comfort flex harness over her dogs' chilly dogs coats if that helps?
We actually do have a comfort flex harness, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I don't dislike it, but it sits higher up on his throat than I'd like, and if he pulls even briefly, he tends to gag a bit. It's a quality harness though. I also prefer the harness to be underneath coats, etc, if possible because sometimes I'll decide to take a coat off (say, at the dog park, weather changes, etc) but don't want to deal with the hassle of putting the harness back on, if that makes sense, LOL. Just makes less work for me.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I dunno about Voyageur, but I see Chilly Dogs coats everywhere here because she's local and does special ordering through our store a lot. They're incredible quality.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I have a chilly dogs for Izzie and I love it, but i didn't measure right and ordered it too long.

Honestly though if you're picky and want a hole for the harness, take the coat to a seamstress and get them to cut and sew a button hole where you want the harness to come out. That's all those little holes are.

JacksonsMom

I have a chilly dogs for Izzie and I love it, but i didn't measure right and ordered it too long.

Honestly though if you're picky and want a hole for the harness, take the coat to a seamstress and get them to cut and sew a button hole where you want the harness to come out. That's all those little holes are.
True! Hmmm, I know I'm always worried about ordering stuff online, for fear of getting the wrong size. I know you told me the other day Izzie is pretty similar size to Jackson. Do you remember which size you ordered? I was considering getting the 'All Breed' x-small with 14" length. He's about a 19" girth, almost 12" neck, almost 15" long from neck to tail. I guess I could e-mail the owners first.

Toller_08

Not much to add other than I love my Chilly Dogs coats and sweaters. Awesome company in my experience to deal with also.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
True! Hmmm, I know I'm always worried about ordering stuff online, for fear of getting the wrong size. I know you told me the other day Izzie is pretty similar size to Jackson. Do you remember which size you ordered? I was considering getting the 'All Breed' x-small with 14" length. He's about a 19" girth, almost 12" neck, almost 15" long from neck to tail. I guess I could e-mail the owners first.
I can't remember and it's packed away right now. I'd email them, they seem to be an awesome company.

Members online