What is your morning routine?

Paige

Let it be
Or if you sleep in late, what is your routine when you wake up?

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Wake up. Groan and do housework until work. When I am not working, get up freakass early and go for a walk.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I get up anywhere from 5-30 minutes after el boyfriendo... So I make the bed & go downstairs, the girls won't go downstairs until I'm up so I out Liz/Daisy/Keena out... eat breakfast & watch tv with el boyfriendo... Then put Keena up in her room & feed her, and let Rage out. Then we figure out what we're doing for the day, sometimes.

Paige

Let it be
I wake up whenever Briggs gets up. I change his diaper, get him a bottle and some fruit then let the dog out for a pee. Next I feed the cat and the rest of the morning is pretty easy going. We just do what we want.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
My morning usually starts with my alarm going off. The alarm is my wife shouting to the kids, "You're going to be late for school! Get up!" followed by her coming into our bathroom and cussing while struggling to get her hair just right. In the meantime, the second alarm rings, which is usually the girls fighting with each other (5 years separate my angels). The final alarm rings around 7 when there is a mass exodus from the house with several, "Hon! I'm leaving! Are you up?!" and "Bye daddy! Did you put money in my lunch account?"

Then the actual alarm clock rings and I turn it off and shower/dress. I take Xena for a walk around the school (public middle school across from my house) so she can stretch her legs and do her business. Then a quick breakfast, wash my travel mug and get my coffee. At this point I either am waiting for my ride or getting in the car to go pick up when it's my turn to drive.

Then I get to work and it's nap time, because that is an exhausting morning :rofl1:

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Work week = 4:50 Alarm goes off.
5:30 crawl out of bed , throw on clothes get chris up to take me to work.
5:45 leave for work cursing the buttcrack of dawn.
6:00 relieve night guy , make coffee , drink and do morning reports.

off Week = school days
5:50 get caleb up dressed and on bus by 6:15
play on phone until Jd gets up
7:30 get JD up and on bus by 8:00
play on phone until get chris up
8:30 -9:00 get chris out the door hope the girls stay asleep if not already up.
get back in bed until they get up.

weekends i get to sleep in on my off week , work week i am at work lol

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Lie really really still and hope that Frodo doesn't notice I'm awake.
Grumble and whine when Ryan tried to wake me up.
Push Frodo off the bed because now he KNOWS I'm awake.
Eventually drag myself out of bed and go eat breakfast.
Sit down on the couch and be pounced on by a demon corgi who grunts and grumbles until I take him out for a walk.
Clean the rats cage and let them have floor time.
Shower.
Read or watch Supernatural until it's almost time for work.
Make lunch, get Frodo's kong out of the freezer, and tell him "Be a good boy!" as I toss it to him and walk out the door.
Pause by stairs to see if he is barking.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I get up anywhere from 5-30 minutes after el boyfriendo... So I make the bed & go downstairs, the girls won't go downstairs until I'm up so I out Liz/Daisy/Keena out... eat breakfast & watch tv with el boyfriendo... Then put Keena up in her room & feed her, and let Rage out. Then we figure out what we're doing for the day, sometimes.
Do Rage and Keena not get along?

Guess Rage will just have to come and live in Minnysnowta then :p

Depends on the day. On days when I work in the morning (only two days a week), I just get up and get ready for work, although I try to get up early enough for the dogs to have some yard time before I have to go.

On days that I don't work until later in the day or have the day off, I usually take Pip to the dog park and either walk the youngsters or take them scootering depending on the day (we don't scooter every day), whatever minor chores need to be done, and try to have a little "hang out on the couch" time before going to work.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Wake up to Sloan squeaking and clanking her tail on her crate walls. Groan, hate life, tell Sloan to shut up. Listen to backup grumble and chew a toy, roll out of bed, open bedroom door, open crates. Sidestep, kick, duck, dodge and curse at the dogs to leave me alone and go downstairs. Follow them down, tell Sloan to stop bouncing off the glass door, open the door to the yard, usher Shamoo out, close the door. Make their breakfast, let them in, yell at them to settle down, sit still, and shut up. Feed them, head back out to pick up poop/take out trash/water plants, then proceed with my day. Sometimes it's playing with dogs, sometimes it's crating, sometimes its crawling back to bed pretending I'll get to sleep anymore. Usually it's wander upstairs, get dressed quickly, rush out the door, rush back in because I forgot something and repeat.

You see, in the mornings, I loate my Malinois. Lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
WEEKDAY

get up @ 6:45
pee.
feed dog.
brush teeth.
take dog out.
wash face.
put on deodorant.
put on body lotion/face moisturizer & sunblock.
fix hair (iron. straighten. products whatever)
put on make up (primer. tinted moisturizer. concealer. blush. mascara)
get dressed.
put dog in crate.
grab apple and fill water bottle.
spray perfume on self.
get on train by 7:00
morning classes 8:00-10:30ish

WEEK-END
Sleep til 9:00
pee
wash face
put on SPF
feed dog
go for run with dog at 10:00
shower
eat breakfast at 12:00
homework

There are days when I mess up and it changes.. but usually, this is it lol

Paige

Let it be
I count myself so lucky that my dog would never dream of waking me up. He is entirely quiet until I ask if he wants to go outside. Then he waits at the door to be let out.

Paige

Let it be
If it makes you feel better Briggs will do a bum drop on my face if I do not get up right when he wants me to

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Wake up, grumble that it's too early or too late, get out of bed, get dressed, and head to work, where I grumble that I hate my job and don't want to be there.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
During the week -
I may or may not hit the snooze button one or two times.
Let the dogs out to pee.
Feed the dogs.
Go pee while the dogs are eating.
Let the dogs back out to poop and to run crazy laps in the yard.
Brush my teeth.
Wash my face.
Put moisturizer on.
Get dressed.
Put on makeup.
Let dogs back outside to run more laps, or play in the house for a bit.
Crate dogs and go to work.

On the weekend it's pretty much the same except I don't set the alarm unless I've got something to do like agility or run a half-marathon or go look at houses with my realtor, so I wake up whenever I get around to it... and I don't always get dressed and put my makeup on so soon after moisturizing. I might sit around for a while in my pajamas and no makeup for a while. =P

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Wake up around 8, take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, come downstairs, let chloe go potty, have some water or tea, have some fruit, read a book or check fb/Chaz til lunch time. XD

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wake up, take one pain med, and two that have to be taken on empty stomach. Dump spam on Chazhound. Wake up Hyia. Lay down while she gets ready, get her meds. Get her off to school. Let out Neccy, then Victor then pepper. Try to eat something. This morning that was a bust. PUt birdfood in feeder. while taking out dogs. Come in, take meds and supplements that go with food. If the weather is suitable, leash up, if not, lay back down for an hour. AFter that get Patrick next door (he is 2) and he likes to feed the dogs. LEt him feed the dogs and play for about a half hour, then take him back. Call Mother to make sure she is not dead. HEr words, not mine. That concludes my morning.

Last edited:

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Do Rage and Keena not get along?

Guess Rage will just have to come and live in Minnysnowta then :p

Rage is odd/getting better (we were at the dog park Saturday & she was COMPLETELY appropriate the entire time...), but she's very anxious, and so is Keena. Keena's been attacked by every dog my boyfriend has previously tried to foster or adopt (I won't say it wasn't her fault once or twice...), but the boyfriend doesn't trust Rage, ever. I feel like he thinks she's the worst dog ever sometimes :( So mostly it's because he thinks it'll be a disaster... he's been through enough dog fights that I get it, but they don't even like try to sniff each other under the door anymore, they don't seem to care. He was out the other day and I had them both in the yard with me, they were fine... mostly they ignored each other, but if they stiffened at all I just called to one, and they were fine. It's a work in progress, but I'm pretty sure they will be able to co-exist eventually... it's the boyfriend I'm worried about, not so much them ;)

Now that I've written a novel... Chris would LOVE it if you'd take Rage to live with you & Frodo... I'm pretty sure Frodo would murder you in your sleep, though.

Taqroy

Weekdays
4:25 - Alarm goes off
4:40 - Get up, stumble to the bathroom, pee, dress, brush teeth, fix the bump in my hair, put on face lotion
4:50 - Let Mu and Murphy out of our room, stumble downstairs, throw dogs out, make lunch, wash coffee cup, love on Tipper (who Matt releases after Mu and Murph go out), swap Tipper and Mu and love on Mu.
5:00 - Leave for work

I'm really lucky - Matt likes having lots of time in the mornings so he gets up way early and feeds the dogs before he goes to work. Means I can get up essentially right before I have to leave. :)

Weekends vary a lot - it usually depends on who is annoyed enough to get up at 7:30 when Tipper starts whining.

Members online

No members online now.