Whats going on with me?

Irish

After my cat Jake died, leaving me with just one other cat, I was convinced that I did not want another cat. I was just too close to Jake, no one could ever measure up to her and besides I'd like to just have dogs after my other cat passes away. So, WHY did I find myself on petfinder today looking at cats????

Fran27

I'm the same way... keep saying I don't want another cat because I don't see how we could have an indoor car with two dogs in the house and two indoor/outdoor cats, yet I can't resist the cute cats when I see them...

Cats are funny, Irish. The right cat will come to you when the time is right . . . Patience . . .

There's a wonderful book you really ought to read, especially now, Somewhere A Cat Is Waiting by Derek Tangye. I picked it up and re-read it a couple of times times after Gonzo died and it was just . . . well, it just was . . .

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I know a lot of people who say that after a pet passes away. But in my experience, it doesn't last. You're not trying to replace your pet. I'm sure you know that any cat you get wouldn't be another Jake. It's just after a pet passes away, you miss the joys of having one. Don't worry, I'm sure Jake wouldn't mind.

My father was the same way after our golden retreiver died. He swore he would never get another dog. Two months later, he swore he might get a dog, but would never get another golden retreiver. And now, six months later, he's looking around for golden retriever breeders.

Irish

Thank you Gempress for your kind words. I'm glad your dad is going to get another Golden. :)

Members online