Looking for a good shampoo...

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
So, I've finally ran out of the shampoo I've been using forever. It was an aloe-oatmeal shampoo that I started using when Kai was having skin issues.

Now, that she has gotten older she doesn't really have any skin issues. So, I'm looking for something that smells yummy, but won't be horrible on their skin.

Thanks! :D

Romy

Taxiderpy
Bio Groom Gold is a really nice all purpose formula, and you can diltute down a lot so a bottle lasts forever.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
BUDDY WASH!!!! OMG I have the laventder Mint and it's AWSOME!!!! I am sure they have mild formulas as well! but Buddy Wash is AMAZING!!!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I've never used Buddy Wash before... after our 2 bottles of Earth Bath run out (which will probably never happen!) I'll probably try it :D

R

rayter

I recommend this shampoo from Tropiclean called Tea Tree shampoo. Not only is it good for your dog's fur, but it makes your hands feel soft after giving your dog a bath. :)

My shampoo cocktail:
One bottle of Suave shampoo (any of the red colored ones - cherry, raspberry, etc.)
One cap full of Infusium Leave In Hair Treatment.
One Teaspoon of EcoSense PreSpot (this cuts the smell).

Saintgirl

I love the Solid Gold shampoos- they smell so nice! Kenic and Earthbath have some really great products too.

I know that most people already know this, but human shampoos are not good for a dog. A human shampoo is pH balanced at 5.5 while a dog shampoo is pH balanced at 7. Dogs have 3 skin cell layers while humans have 15, making a dog much more sensitive to skin irritations. Some people have no problem with human shampoo on their dogs but most often these dogs rarely get baths. Some dogs will immediatly react to human shampoo with itchy dry skin and others become irriatated after prolonged use. pH's below 7 are acidic. To compare what can happen, imagine washing your body with vinegar which is around a 3 on the pH scale. The first time may not be so bad, but after time it is going to irritate the skin. A pH of 7 is neutral, and the optimal pH for a dog.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Solid Gold has shampoo? I never knew that.

I second the recs for Buddy Wash and Earth Bath. Mango Tango is delicious, and the Buddy wash Lavender and Mint is amazing. Middie got washed early this week and still smells yummy - even AFTER rolling in horse poop with Leo and then getting rinsed off. It's pretty amazing stuff.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Has anyone used the Rosemary and Mint from Buddy wash?

Can you tell a big difference when conditioner is used? I know with long hair you can but what about short haired dogs?

Members online

No members online now.