Votes: 16 32.7%
  • something else

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • DQ Blizzard

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

SpringerLover

Does your dog have a CGC/CGN?

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title?

If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well?

Buzz and Bailey took the CGC test a looooong time ago (2002 maybe? I have record of it somewhere) but they took and passed that before I got interested in competitive dog sports. Bailey retook the CGC plus the TDI portion in 2006ish? But then I realized she hated therapy work (strangers touching me if I don't want them too... ew, cooties). Buzz worked as a therapy dog under Therapy Dogs Incorporated for a couple years, but they have a practical test not a set-up test.

I would like to take the CGC with Gabby at some point this year, just because I guess? It's just a goal to have!

Sekah

The Monster.
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN? Yes. Cohen got hers when she was 8 months old.

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title? Yes. First rally title was at 10 months. First obedience title was probably around 2 years.

If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well? No. Cohen doesn't like people enough to ever be a therapy dog. :p

DJEtzel

Frag and Recon both have CGCs - no other obedience titles.

No therapy work, Frag wouldn't like it and Recon would be in everyone's laps... :rolleyes:

Frag got his around 2.5 yrs I believe? And Recon at 9 mos.

Patton will be taking a test soon. Just cause I like the certificates. I have no reason for them otherwise. Maybe someday Recon will do therapy work. When he stops jumping.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I voted yes because Menchi has her CGC.

I am going to try with Watson to get his CGC sometime this year. He needed more time due to basenji opinions and shenanigans :D

I am thinking about starting some rally classes with Menchi this year. I am not sure how much Watson would take to rally or obedience. He has however tried agility and liked that a lot.

Neither of my two have any titles as of yet, but they are both going to complete their first lure coursing titles sometime this summer.

Also neither of my two would make good therapy dogs... Watson is too much of a brat and Menchi would be a wee bit too enthusiastic :p

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Em will shortly. She's more than ready for it, just haven't been able to get to any events to get it done! Stupid work. Em has exceeded the criteria for a PAT and would without a doubt pass any therapy dog tests. Nowhere around here really requires therapy dog teams to be through an org, though. We plan on making an obedience debut later this year, possibly rally as well.

Shadow tried about ten years ago (she was 2, I was 8. Not the best idea.) and they dismissed us partway through the test because she had some major stranger anxiety going on at the time. It crushed my confidence and I've had major trialing/CGCing anxiety since, lol. I may try again with her since she's mellowed out as she's gotten older, we'll see.

Copper is almost ready for it, or was when I left... Dad probably broke her manners and I'll need to start from scratch :p

A CGC is Bloo's goal right now, the primary issue is passing by a strange dog and greeting a stranger. She did meet a neighbor she's never seen the other day and was pretty good (jumpy jellybean, hahaha). I have faith that she will get there with some more work.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Nope, neither. Previous dogs have, not my current bratfaces.

Apparently I'm supposed to work towards it, per Megan. So, we'll see!

Neither of mine are acceptable therapy dog material.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia has a CGC which she earned at around 1 1/2 years on her first try. No rally, obedience, or therapy dog titles. She would be a terrible therapy dog since she hates everyone. lol

Summer has (had?) some sort of therapy dog test. I'm not sure if you have to renew them or not? But that was earned well prior to me owning her. She was a therapy dog that went to nursing homes and she was the trick/agility dog that would put on shows for her first 4 years of life. I don't know which org they were with. Never did her CGC but she would pass it easily. I have not done any therapy work with her.

I have no interest in obedience but am contemplating picking up rally with Mia again since agility is out now. But I really don't like it very much so probably won't happen haha.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
For Auggie:
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN? Yes, he has his CGC
Does your dog have a rally or obedience title? Yes, he has a rally title and is one leg away from his RA. He's an obedience drop-out currently, though we might go back once he's older. Like maybe when he's 14 he can get an obedience title LOL. We both find it boring to be honest.
Has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well? I would like him to, but since the same weekend he got his CGC, they have not offered one around here.

For Payton:
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN? Yes, he has his CGC
Does your dog have a rally or obedience title? NOPE. He was entered in a rally trial and it blew up. I think he could probably do it now, but with limited time to put into training and limited funds to enter trials, agility gets the focus and the rally stuff doesn't matter.
Has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well? No, and I don't think he quite has the temperament to do it. He's just a little too... high-strung.

Pepper/Georgie: No, no, and no. Although I wouldn't mind getting Georgie her CGC. I don't think Pepper could pass though, she would probably bomb the whole "accepting a stranger" thing. NO NO NO TOUCHIE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE RUN AWAAAAY

Also I like a DQ Blizzard.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN?
Nope, definitely not.

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title?
Also nope, definitely not. Maybe eventually?!

SpringerLover

Nope, neither. Previous dogs have, not my current bratfaces.

Apparently I'm supposed to work towards it, per Megan. So, we'll see!

Neither of mine are acceptable therapy dog material.
Yes, Laura's idea is brilliant about teaching it as the Stand for Exam! Now we just need to work on that portion.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Kim
- CGC: Yes
- Obe/Rally titled: Yes to both
- Therapy tested: No

Webster
- Obe/Rally titled: Yes to both
- Therapy tested: Yes and did therapy work for a little bit until I changed jobs and brought home Mira

Mira
- CGC: Yes, twice actually.
- Obe/Rally titled: Yes, Obedience
- Therapy testing: No

Lodin
Too young for all of them.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ziva
- CGC: Yes, at 14 months.
- Ob/Rally titled: Yes, Rally.
- Therapy testing: Yes.

Kestrel
- CGC: No.
- Ob/Rally titled: Yes, Rally.
- Therapy testing: No.

Aeri
- Ob/Rally titled: Yes, if you consider her IPO BH an OB title.

Snipe
- Ob/Rally titled: No, but we may try Rally in the future.

Squash has a CGC and RN, and I think he has only one leg left for an RL1 as well. But no therapy dog testing. I think he might be able to pass the testing, but I think he's too much of a bull in a china shop to actually be an appropriate therapy dog.

Pip and Maisy have nothing.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Both Joey and Cricket have their CGC.

No rally titles yet but starting rally with Cricket.

I'm hoping to do therapy work with Joey but no therapy testing as of yet.

Dagwall

- Obe/Rally titled: No, but he does have nosework and barn hunt titles
- Therapy tested: No. Not a good therapy dog candidate, loves people too much. He'd likely try and climb all over people who offered him affection rather than the gentle acceptance of affection.

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN? Yes. Lars earned his at 12 months, Ocean earned his at 10 months.

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title? Yes, Lars has his AKC CDX (Open), AKC Graduate Novice, and his UKC CD titles. He has one leg towards his AKC UD. Lars has his Level 2 Rally titles in both UKC and APDT Rally. He has one more leg to go for his AKC RAE. Ocean has his AKC RA and no formal obedience titles yet (he does have agility titles though.)

If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well? Yes for Lars...he is active with TDI and is a couple of visits away from his TDIA with them. Ocean will probably not do therapy work because he's a little too suspicious of strangers to be good at it. (His temperament is actually more of a correct rottweiler temperament than Lars' temperament.)

BostonBanker

Meg
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN?: yes, she has a CGC

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title? No, just agility

If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well? No, but has worked as a therapy dog in senior housing. Probably wouldn't pass the dog tolerance requirement.

Gusto
Does your dog have a CGC/CGN? No, would take work to teach him to tolerate the handling, and I have other priorities.

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title? No, just agility as well.

If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well? No, he thinks people are stupid anyway.

k9krazee

Nope! Not sure I will pursue GCG with Crossbone -- and definitely not therapy work.

Maybe rally someday!

But probably only agility4life

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Pentti
CGC: Yes, when he was almost 4
Obed/Rally: No, though he would probably be able to get his BN/RN but I'm lazy
Therapy Tested: Yes, certified through Therapy Dogs International when he was 5 and we actively visit bi-weekly

Bubbles
CGC: No, but we are working towards it. She doesn't like stays LOL.
Obed/Rally: No, and we probably will never pursue anything in obed/rally
Therapy Tested: That's the goal :)

Kimma
CGC: Yes, when she was a little over a year
Obed/Rally: Yes, currently working on her RA, but agility takes priority
Therapy Tested: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no, never.

Jari
Uhhhhhh he's still crazy. One day we will go for his CGC and some Obed/Rally titles but yeah. Not anytime very soon.

Members online

No members online now.