Something that masks

Heat scent?

Someone posted something about that awhile back and I cannot remember what it was or who posted it.

Anyone remember? Or perhaps the OP will see this?

It would make Bimmer's life more pleasant, for sure.

Thanks!

Romy

Taxiderpy
We used Vick's Vaporub, but there comes a point in the season where even that doesn't work.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Be careful with lavender essential oil on mucous membranes or under noses - it can be waaaaay too strong in those sorts of applications and irritation is not unheard of. I dilute it if I'm using it around dogs because the full strength stuff even gives me a headache, let alone an animal with a more sensitive nose.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Yea from what I hear a carrier is a must for lavender and a couple of others. Cats seem especially sensitive to essential oils interestingly enough.

I recently read another one was 100% real vanilla extract. It's worth a try, you can get a pretty big bottle of the stuff at Sams club (I bake a lot).

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yea from what I hear a carrier is a must for lavender and a couple of others. Cats seem especially sensitive to essential oils interestingly enough.
Yep, also can't use stuff like that in the same room the ferrets are in unless I want to risk serious respiratory issues.

JacksonsMom

By heat scent... do you mean, like, the smell that comes from an electric blanket, or something of the sort?

Just wondering because I thought I had the only weird dog who reacted to stuff like that. Last winter when I turned the electric blanket on, and once it started to get a bit of a "heat" smell, Jackson looked at it like it was the scariest thing in the world and hopped off the bed. He also does not like the smell of a fire burning outside or the oven.

JacksonsMom

LOL, omg, see what happens when I am on the computer WAY too late... 2AM - I need to go to bed right now. Good night. haha!

-slaps head-

Heat scent?

Someone posted something about that awhile back and I cannot remember what it was or who posted it.

Anyone remember? Or perhaps the OP will see this?

It would make Bimmer's life more pleasant, for sure.

Thanks!
This reminds me of a joke.

Little Johnny wanted to take their dog for a walk, but he couldn't because she was in heat.

He pleaded with his dad, but his dad just kept saying "NO"

After a while of unrelenting begging he finally gave in and grabbed the container of gasoline and poured it all over the backside of their dog and instructed little Johnny to go around the block and come right home.

With that Little johhny was off. A little while later here comes johnny around the last corner and his dad sees him with no dog.

His father yells out, where's the dog?

To which Johhny responds, don't worry dad, she ran out of gas, but another dog is pushing her home.

Or something like that.

Members online