Brandi made it home

Kevin45

Devout animal lover
After a month at the kennel for rehab and healing she finally got to come home. If you remember she tore the ligaments in both legs within a day of each other. Conventional surgery on one leg and TPLO surgery on the other leg. After laying for all of that time she has healed pretty well but now has no leg muscles at all. She still has one small area from her first surgery that has not completely healed. The incision got urine soaked and developed a small infection and would not close up. Finally it quit seeping, the vet cleaned it out and is looking much, much, better now. She still has staples in it though buty it is down to a 2" long place. The rest of the scars are healing up well and you can hardly tell where she was cut on. Brandi is finally starting to get some peach fuzz back on her legs and but also. Now when someone uses the cliche' "shave her butt and make her walk backwards" I have pics. LOL!! My wife is taking a weeks vacation to help Brandi out next week until she gets some legs back. She can walk but only for about 10' at a time, then has to sit and get her second wind before going on. This is also the first time in a month that she has got to sleep without wearing the satellite dish on her head. She has got to feel so much better. Especially with being home. She still has a long way to go, but I think with her being home she will recoup much faster now. At least she is more content.

Kevin

Brandi with her sister Nikki

bogolove

Nikki must be so glad Brandi is home, I bet she missd her. I am so glad she is home and healing. Give her some love from me.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so happy to hear Brandi is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about her the other day and hoping her recovery was going well. Doggie hugs & kisses.

Members online

No members online now.