Agility training

iriskai

Mimi had a good class, though she was a little sluggish. I blame a weekend of UKC shows and her post-season slump. Nothing really important happened, she did well and we got some good training in.

Ezra... I don't know what the heck he ate for breakfast (I lied, he had pork ribs) but OMG he was ON today. He had a blast, he nailed targeting, played well in the weaveomatics, did the weaves with them less open than he's had before, and got to be the demo dog for the front cross drill. OMG. There was a jump-tunnel-jump-jump straight line, a front cross to a jump and the table. He FLEW. I have no idea when he decided he had the confidence to go full out, but he caught me off guard entirely. Good dog.

After class I played with him on the baby teeter where he's started to figure out the end contact behavior (and that even though you're bowing, and that's what I want you to do, you need to bow ON the teeter, not right next to it). Doesn't seem bothered at all by it moving or the noise. Ended the day goofing around with a small sequence and nailed a couple beautiful rear crosses. We haven't trained rear crosses at ALL. Who is this dog and what has he done with my lovable (but somewhat clueless) oaf?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Around here **** near everybody offers at least one games class per day if not both. Louisville had both all four days. People love their FAST for some bizarre reason and T2B is making appearances at the Invitational and Nationals.
Never heard any statistics on how many trials do or don't offer games classes nationally. That would be interesting to see.

Then again most clubs here have also switched to random draw to handle their large overflow of entries.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Suddenly glad agility in Cape Breton hasn't gotten that insane yet!!

Only 3 more sleeps until trial time.. I am feeling horrified to trying to just work on connection in our practices and recognizing runaways might happen.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153947406520176&set=vb.505050175&type=3 <--Can you guys see that? It's Penn's run on Friday. I didn't upload to youtube yet!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm not a tunnelers fan. Maybe if I had a dog that liked tunnels....

Now if they had an all contact course we'd be on it!

DJEtzel

I'm not a tunnelers fan. Maybe if I had a dog that liked tunnels....

Now if they had an all contact course we'd be on it!
LOL!

My dogs go back and forth between being contact sucks and tunnel sucks. It's the strangest thing. :p

We'll be at practice and Recon will blow a tunnel off for a teeter and my trainer will be like, "What!? I thought Recon was a tunnel suck afraid of the teeter!?" and I'm like, "It's apparently teeter season."

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
LOL!

My dogs go back and forth between being contact sucks and tunnel sucks. It's the strangest thing. :p

We'll be at practice and Recon will blow a tunnel off for a teeter and my trainer will be like, "What!? I thought Recon was a tunnel suck afraid of the teeter!?" and I'm like, "It's apparently teeter season."
LOL Auggie was kind of like that. I decided he basically will prefer whichever is most inconvenient for me at a time. Tunnel under dogwalk and the dog is supposed to take the dogwalk... "oh no worries there, of COURSE Auggie will take the dogwalk." Auggie takes the tunnel. WHAT

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Around here **** near everybody offers at least one games class per day if not both. Louisville had both all four days. People love their FAST for some bizarre reason and T2B is making appearances at the Invitational and Nationals.
Never heard any statistics on how many trials do or don't offer games classes nationally. That would be interesting to see.

Then again most clubs here have also switched to random draw to handle their large overflow of entries.
Yeah I'm a fan of Stnd/JWW-only trials because my chances of getting in are higher.

Closing more people out over FAST/T2B is a bummer. But maybe that's just because I don't run those (entry$).

iriskai

Ezra is a loon. At least he's having fun.

Mimi rocked a relatively complicated course (for our level). Also entirely shocked me with how well she worked our new 'go around' cue. I have no idea what the technical name is, but going out around a jump and jumping back over it in the less logical direction.

I have video.. debating on posting it. Unfortunately it's of our worst run tonight. I didn't think to have someone film until after we'd run the course three times and done some individual obstacle training, so she's tired and slugging a bit and I'm cuing a bit too fast.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mimi rocked a relatively complicated course (for our level). Also entirely shocked me with how well she worked our new 'go around' cue. I have no idea what the technical name is, but going out around a jump and jumping back over it in the less logical direction.
Backside jump!! Good for you!! I need to train those too. Eventually. *whistles*

iriskai

Backside jump!! Good for you!! I need to train those too. Eventually. *whistles*
BACKSIDE! So. Much. Logic. :D

I think I might change my cue word to that.. I've been using "Go around" I think.. but that's also her verbal cue to circle around me to my other side... It might not matter, though. I yelled "Teeter!" today to cue the tunnel. There was no teeter out.

I have no idea why Mimi's good at agility. Obviously isn't me!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yeah, I'm still not sure what to call it either. "Back" means to walk backward, "around" is to wrap a jump. I feel like it should just be some kind of random word I can shout on the course and look like an idiot. Like "Batman." BATMAN, BATMAN!!

Don't worry, my dogs have had their fair share of "Tunnel, no teeter, no - THAT THING THAT THING." hahahaha.

krissy

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to call it either. "Back" means to walk backward, "around" is to wrap a jump. I feel like it should just be some kind of random word I can shout on the course and look like an idiot. Like "Batman." BATMAN, BATMAN!!

Don't worry, my dogs have had their fair share of "Tunnel, no teeter, no - THAT THING THAT THING." hahahaha.
Lol. My problem is the table. There are so many T words (tunnel, tire, teeter, table) that my intention is to call the table "box". Except I can never get it right and it ends up being "Table! No, wait, box! This thing right here!" And then half the time ai forget until she is on the table that I called it the wrong name. Ih well.

iriskai

LOL! It's too bad "Read my mind" might be a little too long to use as a cue word. :)

"Jump, jump, tunnel, wait, no, TEETER! Good! Read my mind!!!"

iriskai

Lol. My problem is the table. There are so many T words (tunnel, tire, teeter, table) that my intention is to call the table "box". Except I can never get it right and it ends up being "Table! No, wait, box! This thing right here!" And then half the time ai forget until she is on the table that I called it the wrong name. Ih well.
I train with a Dane that uses 'stick it' with her table cue. She might say 'table', too..

I'm pretty sure, now that I think about it, that I started by using 'climb it', 'walk it' and 'tip it' for the a frame, dog walk and teeter. I think now they've all become 'walk it', and teeter gets an 'easy, tip it' halfway down. Lol.

I should write my words down.

BostonBanker

"Push" is my backside cue for Gusto. I use "out" for Meg, which is also my lateral distance cue. Meg actually does read my mind, so I can get away with stuff like that with her.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Yeah push is B& Penn's word as well.. I also use pipe instead of tunnel because too many T words. I also have a run videotaped where I am clearly ointing at the teeter and yell pipe. So it doesn't really help ahaha

Members online

No members online now.