Team obedience

Flyinsbt

I'd hoped to have video of our team, but it looks as though that will never happen. Here are some photos.

This was at the Rose City Classic, we kind of threw together a team. It started with being a team of Minature Bull Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers, but one of our Minibull people declined to drive across the country in the middle of winter (I can't understand it), so we did a recruit and added an "Amstaff" (a shelter APBT, but the AKC was willing to call him an Amstaff). Since all of us are from different areas (Montana, Oregon, NoCal, SoCal), we didn't get a chance to practice together. But we did color match our dogs.

Me & Tess (SBT), Andrea & Trevor (Minibull), Lucia & Enzo (AST/APBT), Emily & Mr Peabody (SBT):

I don't quite understand what happened there, I thought we went in black/white order. We were all walking into each other on the figure 8's, but that shouldn't have affected our order here.

The stand for exam was a good exercise for us.

I'm proud of the dogs, because none of them had ever had to hold a stand stay while 3 other dogs were examined before, and they all took it in stride.

Please notice that Tess did drop. She was like, 5 feet away from me, but she did eventually drop. Well done, Tess! Andrea didn't realize that the judge wouldn't tell her when to drop her dog. The rest of us thought she was just trying to line up with Tess. Mr P didn't want to recall, but when he finally did come, he did his drop. Enzo actually did it correctly. Considering that none of the dogs except Enzo knew the drop on recall before we decided to do this, I think they did fine.

A professional photo I got of our heelwork. Tess looks like she heels well, which is the magic of photography.

This is another example of photography magic making it look like my dog is better trained than she actually is.

And of course, the long down. Trevor= staying out of trouble. Tess= tragic. Mr. Peabody= confused. Enzo= relaxed.

And the scary part? I'd like to do it again! Maybe with more practice next time.

Members online

No members online now.