Help Training

dlew329

Rocky

Ok the problem is my yorkie (Rocky) goes #1 on these pooch pads we bought (the ones you can reuse). And he goes #1 on them, nop problem. But when he wants to go #2, he sort of panics and runs around the house. So i thought maybe he doesnt like to go 2 the same place he goes 1, so i bought another pad thing for him to do #2, it didnt work he only goes 1 on those. He does have a common spot he likes to go #2 but if i try to put a pad there he doesnt go 2 on it. He cant go outside right now because he is too young, and we also have chemicals for our grass. So what should i do?

There are a couple of things you could try.

First, try putting some of his #2 on the pooch pad and show it to him. Let it sit there long enough for him to go back and see it a couple of times. If he doesn't go check it out on his own, take him to it.

If that doesn't work after a few days, you might have to try putting a newspaper on top of the pooch pad that's in the spot he prefers for #2. It will give him a different scent and appearance from the pooch pad where he urinates.

You might have to consider discontinuing the use of chemicals on your lawn, possibly switching to more organic alternatives, and start teaching him to go outside.

dlew329

Yea we are going to limit the chemicals to only the front yard, and in the back it will be normal. But we have to wait untill the end of next month when the contract expires.

thanks for the tips :D

Heath2428

Hi Rocky,
My name is Teresa Heath and I have an ebook I have written on how to litter box train your dog and the first step of my training is to train them on the newspaper or puppy pads. I will let you know that your problem is a very common one with most dogs. Most dogs must have plenty of room to do their little circle thing before they go #2 and they don't like to go #2 close to where they go #1, go figure, but I have found that if I start out making the puppy pad area larger in the beginning that is one thing that helps. Also, I make sure and corner them not letting them off the paper until they go #2, if after a few minutes they don't go I put them back in the crate for a little while then we go again. I have a lot of great ideas and tips for you in my ebook if you are interested, you can check out my website at:

God bless, Teresa
[email protected] :D
http://litterboxdog.tripod.com

Hi Teresa,
I am from Jacksonville Beach, we are neighbors :)
Thanks much for sharing our knowledge in this area.

Your site has no information of value for the subject, just a long copy sales page and a banner farm on a free hosting domain. (a pure sales site). I am sure your book is good, just not much to go on.

While we encourage peeps to share products/services that work, we don't allow any self-promotion links in the general forums or it would be a mess. We do allow links to your product or website in your signature, in the Announcement Forum, the Dog Directory, or the Pet Classifieds area. (I moved the link to your signature on this post)

Chazhound

Members online

No members online now.