What to do with all the leftover....

ACooper

CANDY CANES! :eek:

Seriously! I have a GOB and the kids don't want anymore, and I don't want Orson to eat anymore than he has already stolen :rolleyes: ...........although it does leave his breath much better.

I was just browsing and noticed Zoom's "Cupcake" thread and thought Hmmmmmmmmm, what about cupcakes topped with crushed candy canes? I have blueberry, strawberry, cherry, and of course mint!

Anyone have any cute, neat, unusual ideas? The thrift monger in me does not want to toss them into the trash! LOL

thehoundgirl

What flavor are they? You can always use them in hot chocolate, toppings for cupcakes, brownies, etc. Or mix them in vanilla ice cream.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I would make a killer ice cream out of those. Of course, peppermint frosting over a dark chocolate cake/cupcake never goes amiss either! Play around, have fun with them. :)

Start browing Pintrest for ideas!

ACooper

I didn't think of the cupcake idea until I saw your thread title zoom, LOL.........and cocoa never crossed my mind! The bark idea sounds fabulous!

*scribbles these things down*

thehoundgirl

Well, there is Candy Cane Cocoa so if you crush some up or just put the whole cane in if it's peppermint it should taste good. I love the Candy Cane Cocoa that is Stephen's brand around the holidays. Of course I got a huge tin from my co-worker at Christmas so I love it! I have loved it ever since I found it a few years ago. :D

Saeleofu

Well when you figure it out, I have a ton I can send you! Nobody in our house really like candy canes, so together we eat about 10 candy canes over the course of 2 months. And yet my mom ALWAYS gets at least 4 boxes :wall: We also have blueberry ones that nobody like at all, but they match the tree :rolleyes:

shazbot

not so newby
You could crush them and make peppermint bark with them.

eta: sorry didn't see the post above...

Members online

No members online now.