What do you use for your dog's flea & tick/heartworm medication?

Heartguard for heartworms, and occasionally Frontline if they need it. For those that use Bug Off, how well does it work?
I have used Bug Off. Last year I added it to my Frontline because it was supposed to be a really, really awful tick year. I didn't have any problems, but... I don't really have any problems when I use Frontline alone, either, so who knows which one was doing what.

I was mostly hedging my bets. :p

xpaeanx

Heartgard and either Frontline Plus or Certifect (Frontline + low dose amitraz).

Has anybody used that longterm use (8 months I think?) flea/tick collar, Seresto? It's supposed to repel fleas and ticks as well as kill them. We have tons of ticks here, and while Frontline reliably *kills* them, I still end up pulling dead ticks off my dogs, which is gross.
I pull tick carcasses off mine too(puke!). I'm starting to just spray repellant on them before we go out, but I'm also on a super tight budget at the moment.

As far as the collar, I use amazon reviews for everything. The collar has a splattering of reviews but mostly positive. Also, some of the non-positive ones updated to say after giving it some time it worked great.
http://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Seresto-Flea-Collar-Large/product-reviews/B00B8CG602

DJEtzel

Heartguard for heartworms, and occasionally Frontline if they need it. For those that use Bug Off, how well does it work?
Experiences seem to vary! I've been using it since Frag was a baby, on all of the dogs. I've never found a flea or tick on any of them that I recall. They have never been on a topical flea/tick. We live in what I think is a pretty big tick area, always had them on us as kids and were pulling them off family dogs. And we're always hiking off leash in the woods. I don't find any on me though either.

Numerous members at our park have pulled more than 5 ticks off their dogs this year. :O

I just read through this thread because I'm flea med shopping right now. Fleas are awful and my oldest dog has so many issues and fleas don't need to be one of them. She's getting eaten alive and shedding like crazy. I've always used Frontline Plus. Not sure what I should get this go around. The Frontline isn't doing it's job here lately. Might go with Advantix II. I've had luck with it in the past.

Hillside

Original Twin
I use Revolution for everything. I have never even seen a tick on either of my dogs, and Nico does a lot of running around on the farm.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I use Revolution for everything. I have never even seen a tick on either of my dogs, and Nico does a lot of running around on the farm.
Revolution isn't really a tick preventative so maybe you're just lucky. :p It's only labeled for use against the American Dog Tick.

I don't know how my dogs manage to stay tick free, but I won't complain about it lol. Makes it easy to not feel bad for not using any preventatives on them.

Members online

No members online now.