Switching a dogs food

Gypsydals

I currently have a 4 yr old great dane here. That is expected to be here for 4 to 6 months. She is currently on pedigree(YUCK). She also gets a joint supplement and skin and coat supplement. Along with a digestive powder and gas X(to prevent bloating). Now my thing is I want to put her on raw while here. Her owner is ok with me switching her. I think when on raw she is not going to need all those supplements. The problem is she looks at the raw like is a forean substance and wont eat it. Not to mention she is a very slow eater. I'm used to my two boys who if you put it in their dish they are going to scarf it up. What can I do to switch her to raw?

Gypsydals

I got her to eat almost a pound of ground chicken, I added some cottage cheese to it and a bit of sesame oil. And she ate most of it. So its a start, better than the result from last night. LOL I'm going to give her more in the morning. She is very different than my boys.

Yes, my Ivy is a total brat with food lol. I switched her immediately when I got her at 16 weeks and now, at 4 she is becoming a fast and good eater (though still rather picky).

Gypsydals

Yes, my Ivy is a total brat with food lol. I switched her immediately when I got her at 16 weeks and now, at 4 she is becoming a fast and good eater (though still rather picky).
It it a dane thing? Not only is she picky on her food, but shes a very slow eater. Which is a total unknown in this house. My two are like vacuums when it comes to eating. Now that I got her to eat some raw, I figure she will eventually eat the rest.

crazedACD

Usually it takes a little time for a newbie to start looking forward to eating. I'm definitely a 'tough love' when it comes to the dogs eating here, they all get used to eating on a set schedule.

Robiina

Our 1 year old Fuzzy had been getting allergic reactions. The Vet told that it is because of some poultry thing in his food and he advised to change his food brand. Previously, we had been feeding him TOTW. Now trying this Engage Free hand suggested by him, and yes, he seems to be okay with it. Yet to consult the vet one more time though. Any users here ?

Members online

No members online now.