Question About Size/Age Ratio

Payge

Hey i'm back. Finally got over the heartbreak of having to give the girls back to thier owner. I really thought he had dumped them with us and was hoping so but no such luck(for us, the girls were ecstatic when they saw him again). We just adopted the sweetest little guy at the Humane Society. He is *supposedly* a Tosa Inu, I realllly don't believe it. He only weighs 40lbs at 6 months old. The only thing that makes me think he might really be one is his prior family dropped him off because they were moving and couldn't take him with them, and also left the info on all his shots etc, he was obviously well groomed/extremely well loved and he knows "sit" and "Stay" and is housebroken. He is also VERY calm. We had him do a meet and greet with a great dane very dominant dog and he just let the other dog do whatever. Which also makes me think he isn't a Tosa but I don't think that his prior family would lie, they seemed to love him a lot.

So after all that, my question is, whats his full grown size likely to be if hes at 40lbs at 6 months?

Hi. Tosas can vary in adult size as there are different weight catagories. Some adult males are over 200lbs. I have a 5 month old English Mastiff/Dogue de Bordeaux mix and he weighs about 72lbs and he looks a bit skinny! I predict (from having read alot about predicted adult weights) he will end up at between 140-170lbs. Different breeds carry on putting weight on for different lengths of time with mastiffs growing for the longest time. If he is a Tosa i would think he will grow for quite a while but i wouldnt of thought he would get much over double his 6 month weight if not less. I would guess he might reach between 60-85lbs.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
PAYGE!!! Welcome back! I've been wondering how you've been doing. I'm sorry to hear about the girls, but glad that things worked out with their poor owner.

You new rescue sounds like such a sweetie! Pictures would be great! *hint hint*

But, I seriously doubt your rescue is a Tosa. Tosa Inus are rare and very expensive, it's unlikely that one would just show up at a humane society. It's probably just a mix that resembles a tosa. It also doesn't seem to be large enough. A dog that weighs 40 lbs at 6 months old will not likely be overly big. My golden retreiver weighed that much at 5 months. I'd imagine max weight to be around 60 lbs when full grown.

Members online

No members online now.