Coat Health

SpringerLover

So... I tried to put Coconut oil in Buzz's coat today. It was amusing and unsuccessful.

He's on a myriad of meds that appear to interfere with the quality of his coat.

How am I actually supposed to "oil" him. Or is that not what you do?!

FYI: he takes coconut oil orally too but I haven't noticed a huge difference in his coat in the many months he's been taking it.

I've used it on my own hair, never on the dogs, but...

I warm it first (put the container in hot water), so it liquifies and then work it in. Leave it in for 20 minutes and rinse. Works wonderfully.

Saeleofu

I tried it once with solid coconut oil and it was pointless. My coconut oil melted because it got 80ish in my room, so I tried again with melted oil - worked like a charm! I had to use a fairly large amount, but it really, REALLY helped Logan's dandruff. He has like...3 flakes right now lol.

SpringerLover

I wonder if mine was too liquidy?! It was ALL melted because it had just come in from Lauren's car... which is why I thought of it!

Justa, you need to school me in the ways of coconut oil application apparently!

I wonder if mine was too liquidy?! It was ALL melted because it had just come in from Lauren's car... which is why I thought of it!

Justa, you need to school me in the ways of coconut oil application apparently!
Haha, alright. You want it melted but not liquid - like the consistency of shampoo? It's a fine line between too liquidy and too lumpy lol.

Members online

No members online now.