A Good Old Catch 22 for Discussion

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Join the club. My other half is always telling me off for not drinking enough. I do try... Some days I barely drink anything at all. When I do drink I need to wee ALL THE TIME. Which actuallyputs me off as I'm in my car a lot travelling to and from work and for work.

I find if I make up a bottle of cordial in the morning, I will drink it during the day. You people do have cordial don't you.... Lol?

I'm a fussy drinker. Only like weak drinks, not too sweet, hate hot drinks, not a fan of fizzy (lemonade with vodka only. Or diet coke that is so bad for you!). And I only really like a few cordials (specifically Robinsons summer fruits lol).

Make a bottle up in the morning, carry it with you. I usually forget though if I'm honest.

I'm still alive!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
carbonation leeches calcium from your bones and teeth :/
That has been tested and disproved. If anything, that is for caffeinated carbonated drinks, but even then it's just that they didn't have enough to disprove it, not that they had enough to prove it from what I understand.

Locke

I'm exactly the same way! I'm just not really a thirsty person.

I add lemon slices to my water or recently I've started putting a berry tea bag in my water bottle and refrigerating it over night and in the morning I have a delicious cold tea!

That has been tested and disproved. If anything, that is for caffeinated carbonated drinks, but even then it's just that they didn't have enough to disprove it, not that they had enough to prove it from what I understand.
I don't know that it's been disproven, inconclusive as far as I'm aware, but not disproven. I know in theory, it seems to be based on good scientific principles, but in life there are so many variables to consider it's hard to conduct a conclusive test.

There have been general ones, mostly involving soft drinks, that have shown those drinking the most have lower bone densities than those drinking less.

I don't know that it's been disproven, inconclusive as far as I'm aware, but not disproven. I know in theory, it seems to be based on good scientific principles, but in life there are so many variables to consider it's hard to conduct a conclusive test.

There have been general ones, mostly involving soft drinks, that have shown those drinking the most have lower bone densities than those drinking less.
Most soft drinks are also full of phosphoric acid, though. I would buy that has more to do with it than the carbonation itself.

How do you eat? Lol I can't swallow food without a drink. It all gets stuck in my chest and I get the hiccups. Hate that.

My suggestion: make yourself. I was a water hater too. I joined this weightloss program that required at least 80 oz a day and now I drink about 96-112 oz a day just out of habit. I know that's way more than necessary but I doubt it's going to hurt. Try it just slightly cool, not super cold. I can't drink a lot of really cold water. That's how I used to like it but now I get brain freeze or it makes me freeze all day cause I drink so much and it would keep my body temp down.

DJEtzel

All we drink around here is reverse osmosis filtered water with lemons.

Buy a bag of organic lemons, cut them into fourths, and put them in a plastic baggy in the fridge. Get a cup of water, squeeze and dump a lemon fourth into it and it makes it SO much better. I can't usually drink much water plain, but I'll drink up to 10 cups of water a day with lemon. The peeing thing goes away, but...!

The downside (for me) is that if I STOP drinking water for a day or two because I'm busy, out and active, I get so dehydrated that I get bladder infections. :(

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
The peeing every 5 mins thing actually goes away?! Seriously, I didn't realize that and that's been one of the reasons I haven't ever been a big drinker.

It used to be I only got limited breaks in high school so I couldn't drink, and that carried over to college. Now that I drive all over the place for work it's just a pain to have bathroom options. If it goes away, tho... LOL

(music) The Things You Know... (/music)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I can't imagine not liking water. I love it, especially ice cold from my water cooler!

The fitness program I'm doing suggests that you drink as many ounces as half your body weight (measured in pounds). So for example 160lbs = 80oz a day. That's a baseline, your body and brain doesn't function optimally if you're dehydrated. I tend to drink 100-150oz of water a day which is right on or above my recommended baseline.

I always have a bottle of water on me. Just plain as that's how I like it. You can try things like lemon water or something else I really enjoy is iced green tea, not very strong, with some lemon juice.

Oh and I don't pee that often. Every few hours or so.

The peeing every 5 mins thing actually goes away?!
I know, I follow the drink till you pee train of thought ad I pee a lot during the day and at night i'm like a freaking puppy. I can't drink after 8 or I'm up twice in the night going again. That usually results in me tripping on a cat dish left out and lots of swearing

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I know, I follow the drink till you pee train of thought ad I pee a lot during the day and at night i'm like a freaking puppy. I can't drink after 8 or I'm up twice in the night going again. That usually results in me tripping on a cat dish left out and lots of swearing
OMG That would drive me INSANE!

Red.Apricot

If I don't drink a ton of liquid during the day, it feels like my sinuses are stabbing my brain. :rofl1:

I find keeping water near me makes me drink it.

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
I have a Camelbak water bottle that I fill up each day and always finish, sometimes two of them. I have a 25OZ one and a 33 oz one. Something about the mouth piece to it encourages me to drink more. I LOVE to put ice in it and find that I drink more that way. So do both of my kids. I have also heard of putting fresh rosemarry or other fruits in water and wonder if something like that might help flavor it for you without adding a ton of sugar and other non wanted items.

GipsyQueen

I LOVE water. I used to not drink alot - but I then I started taking a water bottel with me every day and now I drink about 1.5 liters or more just water. I usually drink coffee and maybe a cup of juice a well.

I only drink sparkeling water though... it's like almost all you can buy here? No one drinks still water here. (Jessie, you'd feel right at home. ;) )

Maxy24

I never used to drink water because I didn't care for the taste, it was just boring. Plus I found drinking it very filling, like uncomfortably so. Then in college that's all there was to drink in my room. So I bought a water bottle (a Bobble). Now it's like a freaking blankie that I can't go anywhere without. It's always within reach, goes in my bag to class and sits on my desk, lays next to me on the couch, comes with me in the car. I just take a few sips from it here and there. I like it better than a glass because with a glass I feel like I need to finish it quickly. I still don't drink as much as is recommended I don't think, but I go through probably three water bottle fulls on an average day. I do think the peeing is a bit annoying, but I find it only really happens if I drink the bottle faster than normal, like finish one over the course of an hour. Then I have to pee VERY badly in like 30 minutes.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have found that the constant peeing does go away once your body gets used to the increased fluid intake.

I've been doing the whole 8 glasses of water a day thing since I started exercising and at first I had to pee constantly but now my body seems to have evened it all out and I go like normal.

I have a Camelbak water bottle that I fill up each day and always finish, sometimes two of them. I have a 25OZ one and a 33 oz one. Something about the mouth piece to it encourages me to drink more. I LOVE to put ice in it and find that I drink more that way. So do both of my kids. I have also heard of putting fresh rosemarry or other fruits in water and wonder if something like that might help flavor it for you without adding a ton of sugar and other non wanted items.
Same here. I hate when I can't find my camelback water bottle cause I can't drink as much water. I love the mouth piece, lol. I don't understand it. I take it everywhere. I had to get a 16 oz, though cause if it gets too warm I won't drink it. I just refill it as soon as I finish it. People know me by my green water bottle that I carry everywhere. lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I keep a pitcher of water in the fridge and add one whole slices lemon, half a sliced cucumber and about 12 fresh mint leaves. I refill the pitcher after I fill up my Nalgene in the morning and drink it throughout the day. I replace the ingredients every Sunday. The flavoring keeps me interested in drinking and it's not full of artificial crap. It's so dry out here in CO that I have to have at least 32oz a day or my lips get super chapped. I also drink a ton of coffee and add tea at night.

Members online

No members online now.