Grain-inclusive foods?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ok so it's apparent Rosey isn't able to do grain-free, so I'm looking to start switching her over to a good grain inclusive food.

She's currently on Fromm Grain-Free Game Bird Recipe, so I was thinking possibly the grain inclusive duck formula... but I feed the ferrets Acana so was looking there and they have the Singles line in duck. I'm kinda swinging that way because they use oats vs rice.

Experiences? Did your dog really like the food? Really not a fan of the food?

She LOVES duck, which is why I'm looking there, because as of right now, she's just eating enough to stay alive :rolleyes: because she's not really enjoying the food like she was at the beginning. Now, for that, I am going to (hopefully) be switching it up, feeding her kibble in the morning and wet food or home cooked or whatever I have available at night.

Now, she DOES seem to have some sensitivities.. lamb is definitely one of them, I'm not sure how she does on rice... last time she was on it was a lamb food :p

tl;dr: what grain inclusive foods do you/your dog like? LOL

JacksonsMom

Jackson looooovesss the Fromm Chicken a la Veg. But he seems to love ALL the Fromm varieties. I recall him not liking the duck as much, but not sure, it was a while ago when we tried it and I remember it giving him gas but I may not have given it enough time. He liked the Acana singles alright, but not as much as Fromm for sure.

I fed the Acana Duck and Bartlett Pear and the dogs did really good on it. I liked the food, just can't afford it right now, but I had the money, It would be one of my top choices.

Other grain inclusive had good results on:

Fromm Salmon A la Veg
Pure Vita Duck and Oatmeal
Go Sensitivity and Shine Salmon

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I would definitely give Fromm Pork and Applesauce a try. It's the go-to food around here for dogs that are picky/not eating enough. Nom nom!

Ok so it's apparent Rosey isn't able to do grain-free, so I'm looking to start switching her over to a good grain inclusive food.
What was she having issues with? Was it just pickiness? Or digestive upset? Or weight issues? I'm just curious, as that can help me recommend a good food.

As far as grain-inclusive goes, I am a huge fan of Fromm. They have five different flavors that you can rotate between, which helps with the pickiness issue. I also like the PureVita grain-inclusive.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
What was she having issues with? Was it just pickiness? Or digestive upset? Or weight issues? I'm just curious, as that can help me recommend a good food.

As far as grain-inclusive goes, I am a huge fan of Fromm. They have five different flavors that you can rotate between, which helps with the pickiness issue. I also like the PureVita grain-inclusive.
Woops. Yah, it's mainly digestive issues, and she just doesn't.. look as good as she did on grain-inclusive when we've gone to that for whatever reason for a bit.

Thanks guys :D I think we'll stick with Fromm then, and see how she does. At least until I get my free bag :p

Woops. Yah, it's mainly digestive issues, and she just doesn't.. look as good as she did on grain-inclusive when we've gone to that for whatever reason for a bit.

Thanks guys :D I think we'll stick with Fromm then, and see how she does. At least until I get my free bag :p
I would probably stick with Fromm, then. They are one of the few grain-inclusive foods that I feel comfortable feeding/recommending. I would also suggest Nature's Logic (LOVE THEM! - one of the few grain-inclusive that has a decent meat content), but I don't know if that's available up in Canada.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I was also going to say stick with Fromm, since we'll give you a free bag eventually and you can rotate the varieties so she doesn't get bored. Plus, none of them have rice. I love their grain-inclusive formulas.

Grain is often given a bad rep, but not all grain is the devil. :D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'd so rather see people feed high quality grain-inclusive than lower quality grain-free. Actually in general I would rather see low glycemic gain inclusive than grain-free potato city.

I was also going to say stick with Fromm, since we'll give you a free bag eventually and you can rotate the varieties so she doesn't get bored. Plus, none of them have rice. I love their grain-inclusive formulas.

Psst, actually all of them have rice :p

I'd so rather see people feed high quality grain-inclusive than lower quality grain-free. Actually in general I would rather see low glycemic gain inclusive than grain-free potato city.
:hail::hail::hail:

I have absolutely no problem with grain-inclusive foods as long as grains aren't composing the majority of the food and if the food uses "healthier" grains like rice and millet rather than wheat and corn. I would much rather feed the grain-inclusive Fromm or Acana or whatnot than the grain-free Science Diet (blech) or Taste of the Wild.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Well, I ended up picking up the Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato. Finally got to mix some in tonight and..... she picked out all that kibble and only ate those ones, leaving the Game Bird kibbles in her dish :rofl1:

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
If I feed grain free my dogs become smoothie machines. Yuck!

I feed earthborn small breed vantage because its the best I can do on my budget in SA.

Members online

No members online now.