Returned from vet.. also question about weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crush

Well first out cat got declawed. He spent the night at the vet. The total cost after everything was $170.

Has the cone around his neck.

Amazingly, the cat has no bandage and isn't bleeding. He tries to keep shaking his paws like there's something on it. I thought for sure he'd have bandages all over the paws.

He needs medication for the next week. We have to put it pretty much down his throat or he wont eat it.

He has to use special litter also. He's not allowed to jump up and down from things either so he'll be locked in our master bathroom.

He's pretty sedated now. I should take a pic of the little trooper.

Our puppy actually weighs 14lbs at 3.75 months old. We were told the dog was 5 lbs when we got him. So that's a lot of weight gain in just 3 weeks. I'm sure he weight more. He got his second shots. That was $46.

He checked the eyes and said there was a small hair that might be grow into his eye so it might need to be removed.. He also said that one ear has a bit too much wax and NOT to use alchohol on the ear.

Can someone tell my how much our puppy is going to weigh for final weight and any tricks they use to keep their dogs ears clean?

Thanks!!

Dekka

Just try me..
I won't comment on teh declawing :(

But for weight, your pup's sides should feel like the back of your hand. Firm and bones felt under tissue. You want a nice tuck up when looking at the side.

Oh god nooooo. It is the crazy poster from the other forum. MODS. do the board a favour and block him now, he had to be blocked ont he other forum.

C

Crush

Oh god nooooo. It is the crazy poster from the other forum. MODS. do the board a favour and block him now, he had to be blocked ont he other forum.
I was barely posting to the last forum.

Here I have 3 posts. I can't help it if you guys found me interesting :)

Am I not allowed to ask what the final weight of my dog is?

hehehe..

I was barely posting to the last forum.

Here I have 3 posts. I can't help it if you guys found me interesting :)

Am I not allowed to ask what the final weight of my dog is?

hehehe..
Wasnt that we found you intresting, it was that we found you annoying. you said no one should own herding breeds, or extra large breeds, or breeds that drool. or. or .or .....

people should only own grey hounds and poodle (and crosses of poodles)

Sorry to tell you, but there is TONS of herding breed owners on here.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
almost everyone has one herding breed here.
you might not fit in well!

as long as you dont flame anyone, or any dog breed than you would be welcome. be respectful and you will be respected.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
you wont be banned unless the GROUP of mods decide you should be, but the warning has been given, theres lots of LARGE dog owners, drool offender owners, mastifs, herders, tinys, shedders, hairless ect on this forum, its 1 large slightly dysfunctional family and any kind of "you shouldnt own" wont be tolerated.
its fine to have an opinion about breeds you personally wouldnt own...but telling people they SHOULDNT own a breed just because you dont like it...well that wont go down well on this forum!

i also will NOT comment on the declawing...that seemed like an insanely random part of the topic with little to nothing to do with the actual question...

the topic is about the weight of the dog...
14lbs at 3 months...id expect your puppy to mature anywhere from 20-35lbs full grown
its very hard to say with mixed breeds.
as for ears, a good ear cleaner and a cotton ball, whipe out the outer rim of the ear.
DO NOT insert anything into the ear canal or go poking and prodding around as it can do some serious damage. instead just whipe around the outer rims.

Dekka

Just try me..
well it depends if the pup is overweight how much of an indication it will grow.... So breed and 'fatness' should be assessed.

i also will NOT comment on the declawing...that seemed like an insanely random part of the topic with little to nothing to do with the actual question...

Thats a way to get people riled up. he did it on the other forum too. but it was all shelter dogs were crap...

I personally think he is a troll.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Hey Crush, just to get it out of the way, I have a large hound who slobbers occasionally, howls a lot and came from a shelter. I love him very much.

If that is your pup in the avatar, it looks like a cutie.

I also own a a bunch of cats. Three are declawed. I got them that way. They do not appear to be emotionally scarred. I have one with claws, he is fine too, I just clip his nails regularly.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
^ this.

He's going to :spam: Chaz. This should be interesting.

Maybe we should post the video he made about "Picking The Right Dog"?

Last edited:

Lolas Dad

I will not make any comments on you declawing your cat. I will make a comment that any and all of my cats will never be declawed present and future. The past ones were never declawed either. I for one would not want to be without the tips of my fingers so no animal I have will never be either unless it was medically necessary and even then I would question it at least twice.

I will not make any comments on you declawing your cat. I will make a comment that any and all of my cats will never be declawed present and future. The past ones were never declawed either. I for one would not want to be without the tips of my fingers so no animal I have will never be either unless it was medically necessary and even then I would question it at least twice.
so you are commenting?

The passive aggressive stuff sort of lame people just say what you mean.

I thought things from other boards weren't supposed to be dragged over here... if the OP is a horrible person it would have come out quite quickly on its own here.

yoko

o_O really you guys. I don't see a reason to say a lot of these Things in this thread. They maybe a spamer on another forum but I haven't seen any blatant trolling HERE.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
He is:

(Miniature Poodle x Maltese) + (Standard Poodle x Maltese)

First of all, the person you got the dog from lead you astray by saying the full grown dog would only be 5 lbs - not with Standard Poodle in there!!

I'd say you could easily be looking at a 30-35 lb dog, if not more.

As for the ears, you need to get a vet or groomer to show you how to pluck the hairs in the ear canal that I'm sure are present, considering the breeds in his mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.