not getting a laptop b/c I fixed MY dog [LONG]

Juicy

Just some history Princess the shih tzu mix wsan't suppose to be MY dog. She was suppose to be my sister's, but she dumped the dog on me and my mother after ONE day of having her. My mom didn't want her, because we already had three dogs, Didi, Pepe, and Princess the doxie...and four dogs was too much at the time to handle. Especially with Didi in need of sugery, any other cost would of taken away from her sugery. Which by the way my sister got two expensive pet store puppies (Lucky & Honey), but NEVER helped in trying to help us raise money for Didi's sugery. But what can you do, some people in this world are just selfish. My aunt trys to helps out sometimes with my family and her income is lower then ours. My sister makes the highest income out my mom and my aunts. I mean she worked for her money, but doesn't hurt one to help out in time of need sometimes.

So since November 2007 we've roofed Princess the shih tzu. We've fed her, we've vaccinted her, we've groomed her, ect. She's under MY name on the vet records, under my name on her liscensing. But my sister has the idea that since this dog was given to her, it still makes it HER dog. No when you DUMPED her at our house, all onwership of her was GONE. Like Hockey, heck he was born in our house, but HE'S HER DOG now, since he's under HER ROOF. She hasn't helped us with any expenses. Even when her dog impregnated Princess, she did not help with the puppies money-wise. We've even vaccinted HER puppy for TWO booster shots.

Now her and her husband are throwing pissyfits, because they found out she was spayed. So guess what I found out, the only purpose of them getting the dog was to breed her to pay of Lucky and Honey [who she's still is making payments for]. This adding to the fact to that she was going to bred Honey to Lucky to sell pups. This was never mentioned until she found out Honey couldn't be bred. Because if this really was the case they would of sold the puppies Princess had.

Now history on Honey not being able to be bred. She dumps her three dogs for a weekend at my house like always. I swear sometimes I even think I should be claiming ownership for her dogs as well. I notice Honey was acting sort of strange, so I go and check her out. Her nipples had some sort of abcess. My first thought was oh great this dog is pregnnt, but felt it was just very strange sort of abcessed. So I told my sister about it, and she's SHOCKED, yes SHOCKED, she never seen before, it must of been an overnight thing. Trust me if you seen how big & swollen her nipples were it was NOT an overnight thing. How you could not notice something like that, when its YOUR dog, is beyond me. I was just taking care of her and noticed it right way. She cares enough to notice when MY dog gets fixed, but not enough when HER dog is so sick it could of killed her, had I not noticed.

So she takes her to the vet and finds out its pus. The vet says, says, not recommends, but says that this dog should be spayed. If it were to happen again it could infect her uterus and could kill her. How as a dog owner you still don't want to get your dog fixed after that is again beyond me. I understand people not wanting to s/n their pets, but after being told that your pet might die, you STILL don't......I'm at a loss for words. Oh and get this she still wants to breed her, even though the vet....who isn't anti-breeding in any way.....says this bitch is not any good for breeding. I can only pray she does the right thing and gets this dog fixed.

So its come to my conclusion she doesn't give a **** about her pets. But her and her husband wants to yell and get pissed off at me, telling me I had NO RIGHT in spaying THEIR dog. First of all her 30 something year old husband has NO RIGHT YELLING at me, when I'm first of all still a child, in most people eyes. He's telling me that fixing dogs is get this, abuse, and this country is messed up for fixing pets. Oh he also thinks it turns dogs 'gay' :rolleyes:

To me THEY'RE the abusers, keeping a dog intact, when keeping her intact could kill her.

Oh and then my sister has the utter most NERVE to say I can't even take care of dogs, that Didi dying is MY fault. :( Sorry she caught a disease I could not afford for. But her catching a disese is not my fault. But her dog getting something, isn't right? No wait it is, I told her.....preached her not to get a pet store dog, but what does she do, get one anyways. Besides Didi who was pretty much an elder [had her for 8yrs.] when she got gluacoma, none of my dogs never had to go to the vets so much for being sick like her two dogs, who are no more than a year old do.

I know they can't do this, but to add to the fire they told me they're going to take Valentino and give it to my sister's husband niece, because I gave away HER puppy.

Oh you guys missed the drama with Louie the puppy. When Princess ws pregnant NO ONE was interested in the puppies. NO ONE, but my friend. They're a couple of weeks old and NOW is when her husbnd's niece is interested in a puppy. Um...NO. First of all my friend was the only one who helped my mother pay for vaccintion of the puppies. My sister, nor her co-worker who Coco the puppy went to helped out with the puppies. Then, get this, she wasn't even going to get the puppy till she came down here in august. So I trained the dog, feed the dog, vaccinte the dog, for 6months that doesn't seem to me your really interested in the puppy. Plus if she's anything like my sister's brother-in-lw, it'll be a cold day in hell I'll give puppy to her. Finally my mom was on my side with this one and Louie went to my friend.

My mom is also on my side with this whole issue as well. My sister wasn't the one who had to clean up blood when Princess was in heat, she was never there for nothing involving that dog. Its like you can be my child's biological father, but if your gone for 12 years and then return and want to claim the child as yours and get custody of it, even if you are the father, you have no rights and to me, that's not a father, even if by blood.

But anywho I don't care my sister and her husband can be mad at me forever I don't care, she wasn't ny sister to me in the first plce, she use to lock me in a room when I was younger and was just terrible to me, but I was suppose to get her laptop who she doesn't use anymore, much like her iphone, and other stuff she's wasted money on, but could never help out around here. But now I don't think I'm going to get it because I fixed not her dog, but MY DOG. I mean I've been fine without it, but it wouldn't hurt that you have a laptop hanging around and you can't give it to your younger sister who's in college and it would help her out, because your mad at her decision to get a dog fixed strucked my nerve. :mad:

/end vent.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Amazing how different family can be from eachother..this post made me sick. I can't believe your sister, I can't believe she is YOUR sister! Wow - I'm sorry you have to go through this. But you did the best for the dog, THAT is for sure!! Bless you for it, NO MATTER WHAT THE HELL THEY SAY!

Well, luckily my brother pretty much has the same views as me. He knows which dogs should be bred, and he understands about overpopulation. He someday wants to get a Siberian husky and show it. (I will probably talk him into a rescue though!).

But you sound just like my friend and her sister/brother and law. She is a dog lover, takes great care of her dogs. Her sister semi likes dogs, she wouldn't harm a dog. But they have two dogs, a pit bull who spent most of his life on a chain, with no shelter (FINALLY HES OFF THE CHAIN!! Except at night. Which is a start), and then they got another dog. A chihuahua mix. He was chained for a long time, and is also off the leash during the day (They got fined for having chained dogs, since its illegal here in California). And well, they have starved a dog to death, they get byb puppies, they are going to BREED the pit bull..and you know whats hilarious? They are going to PAY the owner of the bitch money to breed their male to her..What idiots lol!!

But I am sorry you go through that! And I REALLY, REALLY hope they spay Honey! That would absolutely horrible for her to have puppies!

Boemy

Your sister and brother-in-law sound like a piece of work, all right. How convenient that YOU get to spend all the time and money on the dog and THEY get to profit off her by using her as a breeding machine . . . or so their plan would have gone if you hadn't NEFARIOUSLY spayed her. :rolleyes:

He's telling me that fixing dogs is get this, abuse, and this country is messed up for fixing pets. Oh he also thinks it turns dogs 'gay' :rolleyes:
This makes perfect sense, seeing as in humans, gay people are people who have been castrat--OH WAIT. :rolleyes:

I hate when people say its abuse to spay and neuter. I was having an argument with someone on craigslist who was selling a female American Bulldog and mentioned she was in heat and ready to breed. And he said its wrong to spay and neuter and used the ol' "Would you want to be spayed/neutered?". Andthen he also used the "Its apart of life for a dog to have puppies, its natural".Uh huh. People can be so ignorant.

Juicy

Well, luckily my brother pretty much has the same views as me. He knows which dogs should be bred, and he understands about overpopulation. He someday wants to get a Siberian husky and show it. (I will probably talk him into a rescue though!).

But you sound just like my friend and her sister/brother and law. She is a dog lover, takes great care of her dogs. Her sister semi likes dogs, she wouldn't harm a dog. But they have two dogs, a pit bull who spent most of his life on a chain, with no shelter (FINALLY HES OFF THE CHAIN!! Except at night. Which is a start), and then they got another dog. A chihuahua mix. He was chained for a long time, and is also off the leash during the day (They got fined for having chained dogs, since its illegal here in California). And well, they have starved a dog to death, they get byb puppies, they are going to BREED the pit bull..and you know whats hilarious? They are going to PAY the owner of the bitch money to breed their male to her..What idiots lol!!

But I am sorry you go through that! And I REALLY, REALLY hope they spay Honey! That would absolutely horrible for her to have puppies!
I think she is, but she doesn't want to admit that she's going to spay her breeding dog. She even said [before she knew Princess was spayed] that she's going to breed Princess and claim the pups as Honey's...just wow.

Juicy

Amazing how different family can be from eachother..this post made me sick. I can't believe your sister, I can't believe she is YOUR sister! Wow - I'm sorry you have to go through this. But you did the best for the dog, THAT is for sure!! Bless you for it, NO MATTER WHAT THE HELL THEY SAY!
I'm the only dog lover in my family. Besides my aunt in the dominican republic, she has one doberman, who's like 14 years old. He's kept outside, but in the islands dog ownership is VERY different from the US, so I don't blame her. She really does care about her dog. Though he was never fed kibble or anything, he's pretty fit for his age. A little gray on his muzzle but you wouldn't think he's anything above 7 years old. He also has like an acre for himself at night, he's kenneled during the day. He doesn't hurt the animals there, rabbits, chickens, guinea fowls, and a peacock we have, but will kill the youngin' chicks....he's killed my four baby roosters and then he left them in the front benches, omg :( But other than that, he's a very friendly dog to family anyhow, he's aggressive towards strangers since he was raised to be a guard dog.

My sister was NEVER interested in dogs, till now. She's starting to get into the whole 'pop culture' phase going on so its coach bags, tattoos, belly button rings, and small dogs, sigh.

Juicy

Your sister and brother-in-law sound like a piece of work, all right. How convenient that YOU get to spend all the time and money on the dog and THEY get to profit off her by using her as a breeding machine . . . or so their plan would have gone if you hadn't NEFARIOUSLY spayed her. :rolleyes:

This makes perfect sense, seeing as in humans, gay people are people who have been castrat--OH WAIT. :rolleyes:
They get that whole idea because my Pepe who's neutered is a mushball, loves people, ect...but their Lucky is very macho. He likes to bully the others too and they ENCOURAGE this behavior, ugh.

Juicy

As for the laptop, I think I might be getting it, but she's still po'ed at me, wow.

SharkBait

OMW the nerve of your sis, and her husband!
Juicy, i feel so sorry for you being in this situation, i can't believe that after all you've done for her (taking on Princess n paying for a few boosters n stuff) that she can't even help you out! Grrr...
Were they annoyed that you spayed princess as they planned on breeding her?
She's your dog now, under your roof, And if she got pregnant it would be YOUR burden, i can't belive she would do that! And probably expect the money from selling the pups! Grrr Again...

So sorry Juicy, you don't deserve this at all.

Juicy

OMW the nerve of your sis, and her husband!
Juicy, i feel so sorry for you being in this situation, i can't believe that after all you've done for her (taking on Princess n paying for a few boosters n stuff) that she can't even help you out! Grrr...
Were they annoyed that you spayed princess as they planned on breeding her?
She's your dog now, under your roof, And if she got pregnant it would be YOUR burden, i can't belive she would do that! And probably expect the money from selling the pups! Grrr Again...

So sorry Juicy, you don't deserve this at all.

Thanks, :( I wish I grew up in a dog loving family...I know my kids will though, so that's a start.

Juicy its unfortunate but you cant choose who your family are(wish we could .lol).

As long as you love your dogs thats the most important thing,and you clearly do.

Members online

No members online now.