Laser Therapy- anybody have any experience?

Corey101

My office recently got a therapy laser. We have used it a few times on different patients, but I'm interested in seeing if anyone has had any personal experience with their dog?:)

SpringerLover

Buzz had cold laser on his hurty leg/back a couple months ago and it worked really, really well. He was up and moving around like almost normal after his three sessions whereas before he was very ouchy and sad.

Saeleofu

When I was dog sitting last summer I took one of the dogs to laser therapy twice a week, and one of the other ones once a week. You could really tell when they missed a day, they were definitely stiffer and more sore. It seemed to make a BIG difference.

elegy

overdogged
Steve had it for his groin pull, and he gets it routinely with his regular going-overs with the rehab lady. I can't honestly say whether it helped or not because he was on crate rest and it was in combination with a whole bunch of other stuff (muscle relaxants, stretches, exercises).

I do think it made visible difference for Luce's arthritic knees, though.

Corey101

We have used it a few times on incision sites for animals that are hard to handle, and we routinely use it after cruciate surgeries. I think that it helps with the healing process, but I was just wondering what everybody else thought. Thanks for the responses!

We use it on Avrils lick sores, it definitely helped! She would stop licking after just a couple of sessions. She also got a skin tag type thing on her leg, and we decided to laser it. It was gone the next day.

Members online