Small dog collar recommendations

JacksonsMom

I've ordered a few (maybe, like, 3 or 4) collars for Jackson in the last 6 months from online. Etsy and Ebay. I've been not happy with 3 out of 4 of them because they always seem to bulky (the hardware- the buckles, etc). I like the 3/4" or 5"8" width collars and I like the style and less bulkiness of the ones from Petsmart, etc.

He wears a collar pretty much 24/7 with tags so I really like it to be comfortable. And he's also not walked with a collar (but a harness) so it doesn't even have to be strong.

This particular seller: Dog Collars and Leashes for WellLoved Pets by DogGoneKnitting had a collar that fits Jackson great but I'm not big on the rest of the designs.

Didn't know if anyone had any particular recommendations for smaller dogs. I love unique collars and don't usually like the selection I find at petsmart, petco, etc, even though I like the way they fit.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
My smaller girl wears 1/2" or 3/4" collars and I run into some of the same issues. I really like the collars that are designed with just an adjustable slider and no clip or buckle - I know that several collar manufacturers can do that, but my fav is not currently making collars.

I've also purchased collars from Rescue Paws on Etsy - the collars we got were safety collars with quick release clasps and 1/2" wide. The design is durable and the clips are quite lightweight. They also make regular collars. The prices are great, too! The safety collars I bought were about $6 each! :D

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I LOVE the look of Mimi Green collars - super cute fabric and you can tell they're really well made. I almost got Quinn a Que Chula oilcloth one but while I don't think she will, I don't want to take the chance of her growing out of it. Maybe for her first birthday.

LOL, clearly I don't have anything useful to add!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I LOVE the look of Mimi Green collars - super cute fabric and you can tell they're really well made. I almost got Quinn a Que Chula oilcloth one but while I don't think she will, I don't want to take the chance of her growing out of it. Maybe for her first birthday.

LOL, clearly I don't have anything useful to add!
They're VERY well made, and the oil cloth collars are nice since they repel dirt and nasties and to wash them you just toss them in the dishwasher. Easy peasy.

Izzie didn't get really nice expensive collars until she was about 1-1.5 years old due to growth. Especially since Pugs keep growing extra skin until around 2 years i wanted it to fit and last for that price! lol.

Saeleofu

My smaller girl wears 1/2" or 3/4" collars and I run into some of the same issues. I really like the collars that are designed with just an adjustable slider and no clip or buckle - I know that several collar manufacturers can do that, but my fav is not currently making collars.
Collar Mania can make ones like that.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I can make small leather dog collars out of really soft latigo leather that is guaranteed not to bother your dog's neck. :D

JacksonsMom

I like Mimi Green stuff. It's pricey but they're really nice.

Dog and Puppy Designer Luxury Clothes-Collars-Shop Mimi Green

I got a step in harness for Wile E. from them and it's not bulky at all.
I forgot about Mimi Green! I remember seeing their collars before and liking them. Thanks! Good to know they don't seem too bulky.

Can you look for cat collars? Or are those too narrow?
Yeah, cat collars seem way too tiny. I really like the look of a 3/4" collar on him, just without the bulkiness of the buckles.

I can make small leather dog collars out of really soft latigo leather that is guaranteed not to bother your dog's neck. :D
I really love your collars! I think I'm going to have to order from you. I'll PM you later. :)

JacksonsMom

I've also purchased collars from Rescue Paws on Etsy - the collars we got were safety collars with quick release clasps and 1/2" wide. The design is durable and the clips are quite lightweight. They also make regular collars. The prices are great, too! The safety collars I bought were about $6 each! :D
Thanks for the link!

x2 for Collar Mania Custom Dog Collars - Home the last one I got from there was for our little baby girl Doxie and it's sooo pretty and feminine!
I want to buy from Collar Mania just because of the great customer service I saw on chaz here a few days ago. :) It seemed limited in their fabric options for 3/4" collars, though? Or maybe I was reading the site wrong?

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
I've really liked my k9closet.com collars. The smoothie fabric is really good for the crested's necks, as is the satin lining option.

I plan to get ellasleads for leather collars for them soon. :)

Members online

No members online now.