The Good News thread

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ended up having a really good day on the slopes after all--I've started to pick up some speed and even attempted a few slightly more difficult bits of terrain.

Came home and took Sawyer for a good bathing and he's been bouncing around like a puppy ever since. <3

Saeleofu

I got my first offer of a free product for a review! POOP GLOVES FTW!

ETA: I'm starting to think Earth Rated just really likes giving away free stuff. I still have NEVER purchased anything from them, but I have TONS and TONS of their poop bags and a couple poop bag holders. And a journal. And a pen that is lost in the abyss of my car. And temp tattoos. And soon, POOP GLOVES.

Last edited:

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
My Lensbaby is here. In my hands. Attached to my camera. BRING IT ON.

Just have to wait for my battery to charge.. which should be right around the time I leave for my hair appt.. which should finish at the same time it gets too dark out for photos..

Oh, well.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
A college that I've been looking at contacted me today, just telling me more info about it... it sounds freaking PERFECT. I need to go there. I honestly didn't think I would ever find the right school for me, I suck at school, but this place sounds like it will actually work for me.

I'm just so excited now to go tour there sometime soon. This is my biggest dream, I didn't think I'd ever be able to actually do something I love and being able to get this close to it is just amazing. Yeah, the money part is gonna be hard and I never wanted to do that whole student loan thing, but I just don't make enough not to.

I could actually be someone. Someone that matters... This is excellent :)

Lyzelle

Talked to Jin today. It seems we are serious about setting grudges down and just barreling through this together with whatever we have left to get it over with. He still owes me money, but at least we are working it out. Finally. Maybe. I am holding tentative hope, but it was a good conversation. I think. We're still snarky, but it isn't brawling.

And puppies. And change. And back to work next week. And generally happy things I need to focus on.

Like KitKats. Mmm. Kit Kats.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Got a travel agent,booked the hotel,& the cruise for my vacation to the Galapagos Islands.

Now, just 5ish months until I go :D

Airn

Gwen and I just got back from our second class! I suck at being assertive, but we're improving! My dog is just great. :)

Except when she ate horse poop... :rofl1:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I get to see Mike tomorrow! Will hopefully be arriving down in MO around 8ish, then get to spend the night with him, spend Saturday with him, and then head home Sunday afternoon.

PLEASE let the weather be good and travel go smoothly for me. I don't do well driving to new locations by myself, let alone a freaking 6 1/2 hour car drive by myself in the dark in snow when I'm tired to a new location. Ugh.

But, Mike. :D

GipsyQueen

Gwen and I just got back from our second class! I suck at being assertive, but we're improving! My dog is just great. :)

Except when she ate horse poop...
:rofl1:
Ew... Zora does that all the time. It's like her favorite food. I swear if I used horse poop as treats she would do everything.
ironically she's afraid of horses. what the heck, dog.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
^^Hooray!

I left super early thinking the drive to work was going to be an exercise in restraint from not killing stupid people who forget how to drive when it snows. Instead, either everyone remembered their brains this morning or I caught a really good window because it took me just about my normal amount of time to drive to work.

Now I'm here 30 minutes early and debating being proactive and going out and clearing off the cars without being told or waiting for the rest of the sales team so they can help.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I found some half decent local black tea, so on this stressful, snowy evening I at least have the ability to make a decent cuppa.

Catsi

After months of not feeling like cooking (flatmates moved away, unmovitated, lazy, blah) and living off packets food, takeaway, whatever on toast, the remnants of salad veggies and tinned food in general... I've finally rekindled my love of cooking and good food in general.

Literally... I haven't cooked a proper from scratch meal in months, except for the roast I did when friends came over a few weeks back. I remember I over catered and had a tonne of leftover veggies and made a pasta bake that I was eating for a week (and roast beef sandwiches). But other than that blip, I've been a right sloth.

Yesterday afternoon I felt like something nice for dinner. Something reasonably healthy. Fresh. Yummy.

So I made a thai green curry. And thought, 'why would I want to eat crap food all the time when I could eat this??!!' lol.

So now I've made a meal plan for the next week, sorted out the kitchen to a functional level and I'm feeling excited about food again.

Win!

And I'm excited coz I have thai green curry leftovers. Always tastes better than the first day you cooked it.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I safely arrived in MO and picked up Michael. :D This weekend will go by too quickly.

Now just say a prayer for my brother, because he's watching the dogs. Abrams will probably be the death of him. Lol

noludoru

Bored Now.
^^Hooray!

I left super early thinking the drive to work was going to be an exercise in restraint from not killing stupid people who forget how to drive when it snows. Instead, either everyone remembered their brains this morning or I caught a really good window because it took me just about my normal amount of time to drive to work.
Nope, everyone was scared out of their minds today. It's the first time I've seen universally cautious drivers out here..

The drive in was solid ice for me, though. It was terrifying. Snow is cool. Ice can die.

Members online

No members online now.