1 week later... Rose is finally starting to make peace with the snow

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think she's figuring out that it's not going anywhere fast. :rofl1:

My pretty sisters. <3

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
I just noticed the red speckles on Mia's legs. How cool! What beautiful markings.

They're such gorgeous girls! :)

Now...are there different kinds of Papillions? Rose and Mia looks so different from eachother - for example Mia's ear feathering compared to Rose's, etc.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I just noticed the red speckles on Mia's legs. How cool! What beautiful markings.

They're such gorgeous girls! :)

Now...are there different kinds of Papillions? Rose and Mia looks so different from eachother - for example Mia's ear feathering compared to Rose's, etc.
I am pretty sure that is Summer and Rose?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks guys! Rose is still not happy with the snow. I don't think it's leaving as we're staying well below freezing the past few days.

:rofl1:

I always call Mia, Rose.

Sorry Laurelin. I have no idea why I do it. :rolleyes: It happened from day one when you got Rose. LOL.
Lol, it's fine! Most people can't keep them all straight and I don't blame them. :)

Well technically there's two different kinds of papillons- phalenes (drop ears) and papillons but mine are all papillons. There's a lot of variation in the breed on what is considered 'acceptable' especially in terms of fringe and coat, and I like it that way. Fringe really does depend on the color though with darker eared dogs typically having the most fringe. Summer actually has a ton of fringe for a dog that is as light as her. As long as they have some fringe, length isn't important. Both of them have acceptable amounts of ear fringe. They're actually literal sisters but they look nothing alike!

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Well technically there's two different kinds of papillons- phalenes (drop ears) and papillons but mine are all papillons. There's a lot of variation in the breed on what is considered 'acceptable' especially in terms of fringe and coat, and I like it that way. Fringe really does depend on the color though with darker eared dogs typically having the most fringe. Summer actually has a ton of fringe for a dog that is as light as her. As long as they have some fringe, length isn't important. Both of them have acceptable amounts of ear fringe. They're actually literal sisters but they look nothing alike!
I see. Thanks! :)

Members online