Shedding

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
So in another thread i noticed how a bunch of peeps have been saying how many breeds don't shed hair at all,
a reason for many dogs being placed into shelters is because they were told they weren't goin to shed, but then they did

i was always told that all dogs shed just some less then others, and that the only dog you will get that will not shed at all is if you have a completely hairless dog

so maybe some of the peeps who know more about genetics and breeding and stuff can tell us more about this subject

BostonBanker

I think the deal is that some dogs shed extremely little hair, and certain types of coat tend to "hold" that hair, forming mats rather than having the hair come off.

I can tell you, when we had our Bedlington (a "non-shedding" breed), there was nary a dog hair anywhere in our house. They just didn't come off him. You would get a small amount of hair whenever you combed him, but that was it.

I really miss the days of hair-free pillows!

LinkLinx

Staffy Smile Addict
I believe the fur on the dog is not the problem, it is there dander which most people are allergic to.

Everything has skin, therefor, you know. Every dog gets dead hairs, there's a reason we groom other than to just look nice. :)

Members online