Quick camera question?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
So I just got Ryan's camera out and took a few pictures of Whiskey and Frodo, went to upload them, and remembered why it lives in it's case 99% of the time.

It uploads in RAW and Ryan's new computer doesn't have lightroom or anything to upload the pictures into, so they're just useless files!

I could load them onto my mac, which has PS Elements, but alas, the thing tries to die when I play YouTube videos, doubt it's going to put up with me uploading the 600+ pictures that are on the card right now.

Is there any way I can change the settings on the camera to upload in something other than RAW? It's a Nikon D60s.

I want those photos :mad:

SaraB

Yes! Hit menu, then select the camera icon. Click image quality and switch it to JPEG Fine or one of the other options.

SaraB

You will have to shoot new pictures as I don't believe there is a way to change raw to jpeg without the use of one of those programs.

Michiyo-Fir

If you have the Nikon view nx software that comes with the camera (can also be downloaded from th Nikon website). There's an option to convert everything to jpeg if you select everything.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
If you still want RAW files as well (for the future?) there should be an option to shoot RAW + JPEG. I just hate only having JPEGs of my pictures.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If you still want RAW files as well (for the future?) there should be an option to shoot RAW + JPEG. I just hate only having JPEGs of my pictures.
I don't ever actually *do* anything with pictures (other than show Chaz, lol) so not super worried about that, but it's good to know!

Members online