• No way do I want kids! NEVER!

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • I already have kids

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Chicken Fried Rice

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

SaraB

Tim and I started in the same boat as PW (above).... but recently we've both been shifting towards somewhere in the FAR, FAR future we'd like to have kids.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I said kinda sorta - DH and I are planning for a single kid but not for a few more years. Right now I have days where I can't wait and days where I'm not sure if 3 years is enough remaining "just us" time. LOL

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'm... really not sure if I do. I NEVER wanted kids growing up. I started considering the idea a few years ago went through a period of really wanting them, but I'm not sure if it's something I entirely ACTUALLY want. I ended up pregnant a couple of years ago when we wanted a baby, and miscarried... it really, really made me think!

Ian doesn't really want them either, at least not until we're in our thirties. We still have a LOT of things we want to accomplish beforehand!

So, I voted "undecided, but leaning towards yes" as I'm sure we will have at least one child in the future. There is always time for a child, but we'll never get back the "us" time if we have one before we're entirely ready and commited!

Lyzelle

Jin doesn't want kids. Ever. Never. So it wasn't a discussion topic. The opposite of having kids to appease your SO.

I like kids, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to be a mother.

So, meh. Chicken fried rice?

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I am pretty sure by this point I will not have my own... I used to not want them at all.

My better half is not wanting to be a parent either...

...If we change our minds we would foster or adopt.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm undecided but leaning towards no.

Is it possible? Sure. I suppose if my partner really wanted kids and I felt I was at a point in my life where I had done all I wanted to do and felt selfless enough to take on children and was financially comfortable enough where I could raise them with what I feel is the best that they can have, then yea.

but I wouldn't mind not having them honestly...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I never wanted kids growing up. Now I can't imagine my life without hannah. We have been wishy washyfor quite a while about a second child. Now we are pretty certain we aren't going to have a second child of our own and may be looking into a different option as we would like a second child but don't really want to start over with a newborn ;)

Panzerotti

I said undecided leaning towards yes even though I'm more undecided leaning neither way. :) I have never had the kid urge, but I am in love with my 2 year old nephew, he's the coolest little guy.

If I do decide to try, it'll be when I'm over 35 so it may or may not work out.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
We're financially ready and have a stable home life, but I'm just not... ready for a lifestyle change for something I'm not 100% I want. The last thing I'd want is to regret having a child. There is so much that I would miss and so much I haven't experienced yet. I love traveling internationally with my husband. I know you can still do that with a child, but you can't really pub crawl in Ireland or go ziplining in Central America with a young child!

And then, there's the teenage stage where there is a good chance that your child will want nothing to do with you! Thinking about that makes me not want a child at all! LOL.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Nope. And it's surprisingly hard to find a good guy who doesn't want kids. =/ I actually had a guy VERY EARLY ON in our relationship, like not even "dating," just getting to know each other, try to start a fight with me about it. Um, WTF? That's not going to woo me, pal. X_X
I guess the older I get maybe guys will get all resigned to not having kids so it will work out? Hahaha.

My sister is 33 and she wants kids and I don't think it's going to happen. She wanted like a menagerie when she was younger (FIVE TO SEVEN KIDS)... these days I think she'll be lucky to have one. Her husband doesn't seem to think they can afford to have a kid so I guess has put the kibosh on it. I think by the time he thinks they are "ready" it will be really hard for them to get pregnant. =/

My poor mom, she wants grandkids more than anything. I told her I could get another puppy and she glared at me LOL. but I COULD get another puppy...

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I answered "undecided, but leaning towards yes". I love kids (hello - education major, of course I do!) and I probably WILL have kids in the far, far future. I want to be graduated from college and have my career started... oh and I kind of have to be married, LOL. Considering that I'm not even dating anyone.. it'll be a while haha.

Now whether I choose to have them biologically or adopt, I'm not sure.

If I do have kids, I want like 4-6 of them though. LOL My sister wants a HUGE family... like 10 kids. I think my parents will have plenty of grandchildren eventually, it may just take a while for them to get them :p

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
For what it's worth I really like kids. A lot. I just don't have any desire to have ones of my own so far. I think I'll make a really amazing aunt ;)

Not ruling out having my own but since my answer has been "not today" for the last decade, chances are it will be the same tomorrow :)

JacksonsMom

I said "I kind of sorta want kids". Ideally, yeah, I DO want kids. I see myself being a really good mother someday but it's not something I'm even THINKING about now (being 21 and single). I know some people who, at 18, had their whole lives planned on "I'm going to have kid #1 then, and then kid #2 two years later... etc etc" and I've just NEVER thought that way, I've never fantasized about a glamorous wedding or anything either. I've never had that desire to have a kid but just know that someday I will, if that makes sense.

I also live with my 4 year old sister and before that, was living with my now 8 year old brother. So I've been a second mother to all of my siblings already and personally, I like being able to pass them back off to the 'rents when they get on my nerves. ;)

Honestly? I'm perfectly happy with Jackson at the moment. He fulfills my "motherly instinct" if you will and I am content with that. In 10 years, I'll be 31 and he'll HOPEFULLY still be around at 13 (Lord willing as my grandma used to say) and I can't say I necessarily want kids before that anyways so hopefully Jackson stays my baby.

But I guess I'm more of a "I'll deal with that when it comes around..." type person and don't really think or plan about it.

Members online

No members online now.