Best Dog Food?

Welllllll, best in your opinion.
And no, feeding raw is not an option. ( :( )

The last time I was really looking at dog foods...was back when Canidae was a really awesome food and before all the recalls and junk.
Nicho is on Royal Canin, but I've heard that its not...the best food. What would be a good dry food for a little 30ish pound dog (if that) ?

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
There are a LOT of really great foods out on the market Ali, it's hard to say which ones Nicho will do best on.

Royal Canin is middle of the road. Not fantastic, but there are far worse. You just pay top dollar for middle of the road food ;)

Reading ingredients is going to be your best option. Look for good quality protein (named meats and meals, no by-products). No corn/wheat/soy, brewers rice isn't great either.

Innova is still one of my favourite foods on the market, you could do either the regular (green bag is adult) or EVO (grain free), depending on which route you want to take.

I'm also a big fan of GO! Natural, but being a Canadian made kibble I don't know how popular (and easy to find) it is in the US. This company also makes NOW! which is a grain free formula.

A lot of people here on Chaz seem to like Diamond Naturals (and the Costco brand, Kirkland, is the same formula) but I don't see it much around here so I don't really have any experience with it.

The other foods I like and recommend are Fromm, Orijen, Taste of the Wild.

I like to rotate foods, so I only buy the small bags. Sierra is 40lbs and even the small bags last about 3 weeks (depending on how small they are). So be careful how you're storing your food and buy no bigger than the mid-size to ensure it stays fresh. Good luck!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
What's your price range? That will be your biggest deciding factor.

I like Diamond Naturals. My guys are doing great on it, and since we have so many dogs now, it doesn't hurt the budget. But I also do raw once or more a week.

I've also tried Innova EVO, TOTW, Nature's Variety Instinct, and my guys all did perfect on them. The only reason I don't do it now is because of price.

Members online

No members online now.