Pit Bull Owners in USA, Your Insurance?

Amstaffer

I currently have Safeco insurance for my home and I am going look for a new insurance company because they are getting expensive.

My question is,

Who is your insurance company?

Do you tell them you have a Pit Bull?

Is there a list of Pit Bull friendly insurance companies? ( I would like to buy insurance from such companies even if it is a little more.)

Thanks for any help.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I can't speak for SafeCo but the company that I worked (shelter insurance) for did ask if there was a dog in the house and what breed. I'm not terribly sure what they did with that information, because that was left up to the agent and the home office people. My company was also small enough that you got to know your agent on a personal basis and they would come to visit the house prior to finalizing insurance papers. If you find something like that you might be able to show off how friendly your dogs are, though I'm not sure if that will affect your rates at all or not.

I think there is a higher HO premium just for having a dog anyway.

R

RedyreRottweilers

I have State Farm. They are aware of my dogs. They do tend not to be breedist, so check them out.

Amstaffer

Thanks Guys....I just contacted State Farm and I am all signed up. They said the didn't care what breed I have (I told them just to make sure) they just asked two questions #1 Has your dog ever bit anyone? (answer: Ha ha, of course not, not even growled at anyone) #2 Has you dog ever been trained to attack (answer not really....Attack Humans..No Attack Cheeseburgers...yes).

I am glad there are some companies out their that are still logical. They were quick too, took only about 20 minutes for the quote and get the paper work taken care of.

Not only will they insure my house but they are cheaper by $100 per year than my current insurer and they give me better coverage. So I am now a big fan of a logical and fair insurance company named STATE FARM.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Good to know! I'm probably going to have to look into getting my own insurance company here soon and I don't know if I can afford my current provider on my own. Yes, I'm a loser who is still listed on her parent's policies. :rolleyes:

Shh, I'm also still getting a good student discount even though i'm not a student anymore. Guess it pays to be related to your agent.... :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad you found State Farm. I have them too! They are very fair when it comes to owning animals.

R

RedyreRottweilers

AmStaffer, if you don't have your vehicle ins. with them as well, ask them about it....you will get another discount if you ahve more than one thing insured with them.

Amstaffer

RedyreRottweilers said:
AmStaffer, if you don't have your vehicle ins. with them as well, ask them about it....you will get another discount if you ahve more than one thing insured with them.
Checked that, but they won't cover us until my wife's Speeding ticket drops off in March ( I also have three in the last 3 years :( )

smartie

thank you, guy, good info, we have started to shop for a new insurance and
we were asked already if we own dogs and what breed and i was very concerned about telling them the truth ;) but now we know who to call....

Members online

No members online now.