Watson and I say hi

H_and_D

Hi all!
I am a new dog owner and new member. I just adopted a 2 year old field bred English Springer Spaniel from a local humane society last weekend. I renamed him Watson. He is a very sweet boy but I am looking for some help with him so I am hoping I can find some here. There seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people here.

Besides my new dog I have one cat and the other money pit in my life, a 5 year old horse (mare). She keeps me pretty busy and does a good job of eating up (literally) all my spare money.

I live in a smallish town in Minnesota (which is super cold right now) in the US.

Not sure what else to ad, please ask!

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Hello and welcome. We have others here who have horses too as well as cats.
Good for you that you decided to adopt a pet from the shelter. We would love a pic of your lucky dog. I am very pro shelter dogs.
P.S. Minnesota ??? Oh that is way too cold for me.

H_and_D

Thanks for the welcome!

I put a pic of Watson in my avatar for all to see. I don't have very many good pics of him yet. I took that one on my cell phone, I need to join the digital age and get a new camera.

Watson had been at the shelter for 3 weeks before I took him home. He is high energy (at least he was at the shelter) and he is a barker which I think turned people off. I did want a high energy dog so I can be motivated to take him out and get exercise (and it is working).

Although honestly he seems just fine hanging out with me, taking naps and being a couch potato (as long as he is supplied with a tasty thing to chew on course). His previous owner had to surrender him due to military deployment which is sad.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound! :)
Watson looks beautiful! I love the name, BTW. :)
I hope you find any help you need!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Hi and Welcome! Winston is a beautiful name :) And Congrates for Adopting :hail:

Members online

No members online now.