Obstacle Coure Racing

mrose_s

BusterLove
Anyone do it? Train for it?

My boss got me to sign up to an 8 week training course with her for OCR. I've been steadily gaining weight and loosing fitness this year while working so much so it was a good excuse to get back into it.

And OMG it's so much fun! The place we train is a property set of very steep land that they are setting up just for OCR so it has tracks cut into it leading around the obstacles. (Xtreme OCR if you wanna google it)

The coach wants me to think about doing Spartan next March which could be fun.

I could maybe even see this becoming something I get a bit competitive with. I wish I had more time to go out there more than once a week.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
WOOHOO! Another obstacle racer!

I did the mud hero this year as my first race after training for it, so much fun and so addictive!

I've got 5 planned for next year so far. A local one called Mud & Sweat, the spartan trifecta, and then the mud hero again.

In the new year I'll be training hard for them as i want to complete the spartan trifecta next year (you get a special medal if you do all three in a year) and the beast is like 22km and took my friend TEN hours. I'll be training 6 days a week for it, 4 coached and 2 doing my "homework".

mrose_s

BusterLove
Wow. Thats dedicated.
I'm glad this has finally got me back exercising a bit. The thing I'm doing is kinda mild but its a good start and god knows I can feel it in my upper body.
Yesterday was the first time I made it over the wall without the ledge, I kinda surprised myself because I didn't think I had a hope of doing yet and it helped my confidence.

Hopefully they start running another mid-week course after this one because if they only do the planned Saturday one I can't make it.

With another trainer coming on board at work this week, hopefully next year I might be able to be a bit more flexible with my work hours. Atm I tend to work 6 days a week and be on call whenever I'm not there so it kinda makes it hard to make commitments.

Favourite obstacle?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I love the walls, because i hate them lol. Our trainer built our own 8 foot high wall to practise on at the gym. I have a love hate relationship with it, feels so good to get over it but the bruises i got from that sucker were huge!

Members online

No members online now.