The Venting Thread

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
rubysgal---Well, I think a lot of it is your priorities when it comes to dogs. Some people have something very specific in mind for dogs they get. Personally, my dogs are primarily companions and then we dabble in whatever they might enjoy--but that's not the way everyone does it.

This dog will be fine. He's got a good owner and a good breeder that will find him a more suitable home. If you want to be concerned about a dog, save your sympathy for dogs that have no responsible owner and no safety net.

FG167

I'm sorry but - it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Nobody is forcing you to get rid of your dog.

I don't understand the culture on this board, to be honest. People are constantly talking about "NextDog" like they are inflicted with some kind of virus. What about enjoying the dogs you have? There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a second or third or whatever dog, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing sports with your dog - I love dog sports too! But getting a dog, and then re-homing when it doesn't perform or live up to a certain standard ... to each their own, but that isn't true love or bonding. That is most certainly love with conditions.

And yes, yes, I know you foster and are involved with rescue. Vex is gorgeous, by the way. This isn't about trillions (facetious) of dogs needing a home, etc. And this isn't even about you bring upset that you won't have Aikon with your anymore. This is more me just being completely unable to wrap my head around this concept that many people on this board get a dog for sport, rather than taking up a sport for the dog. And the dog suffering or, at the very least, being forced to live in multiple homes, as a direct result of these very human rules.

Unreal.
Since you know nothing about me or mine, I'm not going to take offense to your extremely rude, thoughtless post. I do find it interesting that you post very little, but do make the time to be needlessly mean...and thanks for belittling that we are involved in rescue. I hope this made you feel good about yourself, otherwise I'm unsure the purpose of your post beyond cruelty.

Really rudysgal?! Way to kick someone when they are down.
Seriously? Do you do high level dog sports that requires a certain kind of dog? Do you know what it takes to train a dog to that level. He unfortunately is not the dog she needs, so someone else will get a very nice pet or entry level sport dog. I but dogs from breeders go help me get the doc I want/need, sometimes it doesn't work and you have to make that heartwrenching decision to either keep what won't work or rehome and try again. If my meet puppy doesn't work out, well, he'll be sold. I need a sport dog, doesn't mean I love My dogs less than you nor does it mean you love yours more.
As for the above statement by Rudy, wow that's a bit harsh....

People getting "rid" of dogs at the pound because they aren't like dogs on tv, or other stupid reasons deserve that kind of response, but kicking someone who is making a tough decision and going about that decision responsibly is..... Just ugh..... Why? Think she's not struggling enough?
rubysgal---Well, I think a lot of it is your priorities when it comes to dogs. Some people have something very specific in mind for dogs they get. Personally, my dogs are primarily companions and then we dabble in whatever they might enjoy--but that's not the way everyone does it.

This dog will be fine. He's got a good owner and a good breeder that will find him a more suitable home. If you want to be concerned about a dog, save your sympathy for dogs that have no responsible owner and no safety net.
Thank you, you each have my most heartfelt appreciation and thanks, truly.

Luckily, I have a lovely, reputable breeder, that will I know will find the best possible home for him, with my help. Oddly, she understands and supports my decision.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Spoke to Aikon's breeder at length...we've agreed to find him a home together. I cry a lot. :cry: He is going with me to MI on Wed, and then I'll have to leave him there. It's going to be terrible.

Vex came back (he was gone for a week getting neutered, hips and elbows x-rayed (his hips are AWESOME)), and he forgot how to be quiet in his crate. Then he POOPED all over in his crate (he has never done this), and smeared it EVERYWHERE. Oh Malinois, why you so crazy? It was nasty too, I think he wasn't feeling well, black and tar like. The one good thing, he did smear it about, but he didn't get any on him but his feet, and the end of his tail. Bathing was quick and easy, the crate took longer but at least it was a varikennel, not a wire kennel? Yuck.

I went off my BC because we were thinking we wanted to try for kids end of this year...and then we decided we want to wait (because I want to try to do well with Kastle in IPO - yeah, we put kids off for dog sports)...and now I have my period when I didn't for 12 years...TAKE IT AWAY!
I'm sorry to hear about Aiken not working out :( but I am sure you will find him a wonderful new home :) it's also always great to have a great breeder at your side through a difficult time like this.

Equinox

So sorry to hear the news, Falon. Someone is going to be so, so lucky to have this sweet, amazing puppy in their hands - a puppy that had a fantastic start and a wonderful foundation all thanks to you. I think you did Aikon, his breeder, and his new home (whoever that will be with) a huge favor in working and raising him these past few months. If only everyone could be so lucky!! You (and Kastle and the rest of the crew ;)) must have been such an incredible influence on him.

Of course we all wish things could have turned out better - it's clear to see how much you love him - but he's going to find a great home and things will turn out for you, too.

And glad you're not taking rudygal's post to heart, I remember her commenting on Toller/Devan's photo thread a while back and implying that the Dobes were being cast aside for the shiny new Aussie.

DJEtzel

I'm sorry but - it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Nobody is forcing you to get rid of your dog.

I don't understand the culture on this board, to be honest. People are constantly talking about "NextDog" like they are inflicted with some kind of virus. What about enjoying the dogs you have? There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a second or third or whatever dog, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing sports with your dog - I love dog sports too! But getting a dog, and then re-homing when it doesn't perform or live up to a certain standard ... to each their own, but that isn't true love or bonding. That is most certainly love with conditions.

And yes, yes, I know you foster and are involved with rescue. Vex is gorgeous, by the way. This isn't about trillions (facetious) of dogs needing a home, etc. And this isn't even about you bring upset that you won't have Aikon with your anymore. This is more me just being completely unable to wrap my head around this concept that many people on this board get a dog for sport, rather than taking up a sport for the dog. And the dog suffering or, at the very least, being forced to live in multiple homes, as a direct result of these very human rules.

Unreal.
I can't say that I disagree with you a whole lot in this situation.

Falon, I'm honestly just really confused. You've placed at least 4 or 5 dogs since I've known you in the last few years for really minor things, in some cases. In this case, you say you absolutely adore this dog, and all that he can't do is be bred, *likely*, at this point. You're planning on another dog next year or the year after, to do something that Aikon seems perfectly capable of. You have a LOT of dogs that are perfectly capable of doing what you want them to do, whether it be IPO or sports. I mean, you have three sports dogs right now as it is. Why not keep him and just let him grow up, get another dog for breeding, and use Aikon in a few years to do more sports with instead of a new puppy?

Seriously? Do you do high level dog sports that requires a certain kind of dog? Do you know what it takes to train a dog to that level. He unfortunately is not the dog she needs, so someone else will get a very nice pet or entry level sport dog. I but dogs from breeders go help me get the doc I want/need, sometimes it doesn't work and you have to make that heartwrenching decision to either keep what won't work or rehome and try again. If my meet puppy doesn't work out, well, he'll be sold. I need a sport dog, doesn't mean I love My dogs less than you nor does it mean you love yours more.
Who really needs a dog, anyway?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Wow guys. Not everybody is willing to sign on the line for a dog with potential serious health issues. In fact that is why we encourage to buy from reputable breeders, isn't it? So if a dog turns up with health problems you have a fallback?

Holy cow.

My dad went to see a hematologist today and they ordered a bunch of tests. They saw "something" on one of the tests but did not elaborate - only instruct he has to go back in tomorrow morning for another test then to see the doctor right away.
Yay.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah, I second the "wow"

We stress to people to buy from a reputable breeder, one what will be there to help you in the event of something like this. Then when someone DOES buy from a reputable breeder, puppy doesn't work out for whatever reason, so they exercise that option to "return to breeder" (which many breeders state IN contract that's what you have to do anyway) they get flamed for it.

:confused:

And it doesn't have to make sense to anyone on or off this board. This is Falon's decision and not one she's making lightly. It's her decision about what is the best option for her, her dogs and her life and it's not anyone's place to judge her for a situation that is hers and hers alone. Especially so harshly and just plain mean.

Her life goals, her goals for her dogs, her wants and needs don't need to align with yours or what you find morally expectable.

Falon, lots of hugs, thinking of you and I know that no matter what he'll end up in a perfect home.

ETA: And Rudy, maybe the reason you don't understand the culture of this board because you aren't able to see from someone else's point of view or able to understand that just because it's not the way you would do it doesn't make it wrong.

This board is diverse and full of people that are able to disagree, take different paths and make decisions no one else would make while still being accepting of those differences. Full of people are able to except that, learn from it and grow.

FG167

So sorry to hear the news, Falon. Someone is going to be so, so lucky to have this sweet, amazing puppy in their hands - a puppy that had a fantastic start and a wonderful foundation all thanks to you. I think you did Aikon, his breeder, and his new home (whoever that will be with) a huge favor in working and raising him these past few months. If only everyone could be so lucky!! You (and Kastle and the rest of the crew ;)) must have been such an incredible influence on him.

Of course we all wish things could have turned out better - it's clear to see how much you love him - but he's going to find a great home and things will turn out for you, too.

And glad you're not taking rudygal's post to heart, I remember her commenting on Toller/Devan's photo thread a while back and implying that the Dobes were being cast aside for the shiny new Aussie.
Thank you!

Falon, I'm honestly just really confused. You've placed at least 4 or 5 dogs since I've known you in the last few years for really minor things, in some cases.
Have I? I would love to know which dogs I've placed. I'd also like to point out that minor to you, may not be minor to me.

Wow guys. Not everybody is willing to sign on the line for a dog with potential serious health issues. In fact that is why we encourage to buy from reputable breeders, isn't it? So if a dog turns up with health problems you have a fallback?

Holy cow.

My dad went to see a hematologist today and they ordered a bunch of tests. They saw "something" on one of the tests but did not elaborate - only instruct he has to go back in tomorrow morning for another test then to see the doctor right away.
Yay.
Thank you, and yes, I agree, I thought that was the entire point.

I'm confused - how can they say "something" and not what. I'm a Med Tech, so I used to do the hematology tests. Was it contaminated perhaps?

Yeah, I second the "wow"

We stress to people to buy from a reputable breeder, one what will be there to help you in the event of something like this. Then when someone DOES buy from a reputable breeder, puppy doesn't work out for whatever reason, so they exercise that option to "return to breeder" (which many breeders state IN contract that's what you have to do anyway) they get flamed for it.

:confused:
Thank you, entirely agree.

And it doesn't have to make sense to anyone on or off this board. This is Falon's decision and not one she's making lightly. It's her decision about what is the best option for her, her dogs and her life and it's not anyone's place to judge her for a situation that is hers and hers alone. Especially so harshly and just plain mean.

Her life goals, her goals for her dogs, her wants and needs don't need to align with yours or what you find morally expectable.

Falon, lots of hugs, thinking of you and I know that no matter what he'll end up in a perfect home.

ETA: And Rudy, maybe the reason you don't understand the culture of this board because you aren't able to see from someone else's point of view or able to understand that just because it's not the way you would do it doesn't make it wrong.

This board is diverse and full of people that are able to disagree, take different paths and make decisions no one else would make while still being accepting of those differences. Full of people are able to except that, learn from it and grow.
Thank you, and in general, I also agree. I just assumed that stating outright what was going on would be more favorable than just having Aikon disappear from the scene. But, at this point, if there's going to be a general problem, I can just disappear for awhile. I don't need to have others making me feel bad just because they are capable of doing so. Additionally, many of you that have been so supportive, and nice, are friends with me on FB so I am sure I'll still "see" everyone :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm confused - how can they say "something" and not what. I'm a Med Tech, so I used to do the hematology tests. Was it contaminated perhaps?
I really don't know. I asked my mom what "something" means and she just said again "They said they saw something and he had to come in tomorrow for another test and to immediately see the doctor afterward."

Please don't feel like you need to disappear or anything. But I understand the temptation. And the temptation to not say anything. I posted very little about Pepper when I first had her and was struggling to decide what to do with her and when I did post was jumped on about it, so I went back to not saying anything. It is, to be quite frank, really nobody else's business. Nobody else knows what is in your heart when it comes to having to make a decision like this. (If they did I expect they would shut their mouths.)
It is a blessed individual who has never had to worry about if a dog, especially one you love, is the right match for you and your family.

Yes, the idea that this puppy is "suffering" because he was "forced to live in multiple homes" IS unreal. And that because YOU can't wrap your head around something means it is always badwrong for everyone else is unreal, too. Also, equating thinking about and planning for Nextdog with not enjoying the dogs one already has... that's pretty unreal, too.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes, the idea that this puppy is "suffering" because he was "forced to live in multiple homes" IS unreal. And that because YOU can't wrap your head around something means it is always badwrong for everyone else is unreal, too. Also, equating thinking about and planning for Nextdog with not enjoying the dogs one already has... that's pretty unreal, too.
Wait ... What? What is unreal? (Goes off to back read thread)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Great dog training day. Came home and my carpet is flooded. :(. Landlord cane over and it's the AC. Bah. I swear things all happen at once. Between that and my car.

I didn't get to eat dinner.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
But, at this point, if there's going to be a general problem, I can just disappear for awhile. I don't need to have others making me feel bad just because they are capable of doing so. Additionally, many of you that have been so supportive, and nice, are friends with me on FB so I am sure I'll still "see" everyone :)
As someone who doesn't have you on Facebook (or any Chazzers for that matter which is very disappointing to me, but I don't know how to find y'all and I don't want to be creepy about it, haha) I would really prefer you stayed. You've had what, 2 people being rude about it? I think the vast majority of us understand why you're doing it and support you in doing so. I'm also pretty confident that the vast majority of us would miss you if you left, even if just for a while! I think you always have interesting and valuable input on things, and I admit that I totally, shamelessly love your dogs and enjoy hearing about them and seeing pics.

BUT, if that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what you gotta do. I think most everyone would understand that, too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I was going to say I think I was the one that coined Nextdog. I certainly play a ton with my current dogs even though neither is an ideal sports candidate. Heck one is 9 and just starting and the other may have a shortened career. I like researching Nextdog. *shrug*. For the record I've never rehomed a dog. If that matters. I thought Nextdog was kind of a cute term lol. It had nothing to do with current dogs at all.

Through this board I've made several good potential connections. Nextdog is hopefully going to be a sports dog with a long career. It's my hobby. I spend a lot of time and money in it. I want everything to hopefully work out well as can be because i know i dont have it in me to rehome a dog unless it was a really unusual situation. That's why researching and planning nextdog is important.

As someone who doesn't have you on Facebook (or any Chazzers for that matter which is very disappointing to me, but I don't know how to find y'all and I don't want to be creepy about it, haha) I would really prefer you stayed. You've had what, 2 people being rude about it? I think the vast majority of us understand why you're doing it and support you in doing so. I'm also pretty confident that the vast majority of us would miss you if you left, even if just for a while! I think you always have interesting and valuable input on things, and I admit that I totally, shamelessly love your dogs and enjoy hearing about them and seeing pics.

BUT, if that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what you gotta do. I think most everyone would understand that, too.
I agree with this.

Equinox

Falon, I think it's pretty clear that the vast majority of us think you're incredible (and we love your dogs and your photos) :D Also, you already know that I love you and Kastle and Limit and Eden and Robin and Poppy and Pan and Steele (I THINK that's his name!) and Topsy and Turvy and that awesome boy Vex who I still want (poop smears and all). I know I must have missed some, but point is, I love you and the crew, so that should be more than enough love for you to stick around :rofl1: Although I absolutely understand it if you'd rather not, or if you want to take a break - it's going to be an incredibly tough few days/weeks for you emotionally, and you don't need others bringing you down.

As someone who doesn't have you on Facebook (or any Chazzers for that matter which is very disappointing to me, but I don't know how to find y'all and I don't want to be creepy about it, haha)
You aren't in the Chaz Facebook group? I'll PM you and send you a link, or add you on FB and then to the group :) I swear, half of what goes on around Chaz happens on Facebook LOL

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I should fix my Facebook. That's probably why I'm always out of the loop.

I actually coined Nextdog on dogforums. Lol my term has spread.

Members online