The Snuggle Factor (what breeds has it?)

Both my bostons are veeery snuggly. I'm not sure if its a breed thing or a them thing.

My parent's pointer was quite the lap dog back when he could still fit in a lap. This picture always makes me smile. :)

MicksMom

Crested are massive snugglers. I joke that if mine could live IN my skin with me, they'd do it.
Has to be a breed thing. I used to say the same thing about my friend's Cresteds. They used to sit in my lap while I did paper work at class, and it was like they weren't even there. They just melted into me and moved with me as I reached for stuff. I had to make sure I remembered they were there when I stood up for something.

...This picture always makes me smile. :)

OMG, that is to friggin' cute!

Paviche

Duuuuude.
My Brittany is the snuggliest dog I've ever met, it's amazing. He's constantly either in my lap or touching me. He's kind of big for a Brit, too, so it's pretty funny :)

Of my 3 dobies, they all had to be touching me at all times, but not real snugglers. My weenie girl is a super snuggler when SHE wants it she wants it, is very demanding. She can't stand it if my lap is occupied. Her motto is "laps are good, arms are better". But at other times, it's awww mom, leave me alone, I'm *busy*.

My huskie charpai girl may have started out that way, but is a toucher, not a snuggler. My boy Max, the spanial and pyrneese is a major snuggler, and wants to be a lap dog. He's a leaner, like the dobies. And he LOVES human full body hugs. I don't have room on the bed for him too, with the two girls, and it was so hurtful to him for quite awhile.

Michiyo-Fir

Our of our 3 dogs our Chi is probably the snuggliest. Too much so for my taste as he always tried to climb into my lap.

Nia's becoming more and more snuggly these days and I'm not sure why. When I sleep in the morning after I get up to let her out to do her business, she jumps on my bed and sleeps on top of my chest/belly. Even if I'm lying sideways, she balances on my shoulder and arm and sleeps there!!

Usually though if I pick her up, she doesn't mind being snuggled and cuddled but on her own she will choose to lie around my feet or between my legs (I know, really really weird). She loves to sleep on top of my mom's chest at all times though.

Truffles our Cavalier has gotten less snuggly over the years. She used to be a cuddle bug as a puppy, now that she's 5 years old, she's not as snuggly on her own anymore. She doesn't mind being cuddled and loved on at all though if you picked her up and put her on the bed to cuddle, she enjoys it but she doesn't actively seek it.

JacksonsMom

Jackson, a Yorkie, does not really "snuggle"... the only things he's really cuddly is in the morning and at night. All night long, he loves to lay RIGHT up against my leg and then in the morning, he immediately rolls over for his belly rub. But in general, I can't just pick him up and snuggle with him, he'll just jump off my lap.

My dad's Dachshund mix is a super snuggler. Like, you can pick him up from whatever he was doing, and lay him on your chest and he will stay there. He basically just flops around and lets you do whatever you want to him, lol.

I've dogsat for 2 Boxers for the past 4yrs and OMG are they snugglers. They have to be constantly near you, on you, or touching you in any way. I'm on the couch? His head is on my lap. I'm in the bed? He's rubbed up against me.

My aunt's Pit Bull is also a GREAT snuggler. He loves to be pet, and will kiss your face forever.

Members online

No members online now.