My Sweetheart

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
For all the griping and bitching and moaning she does... Ilsa is, at her core, a sweet dog.

We decreased her prednisone ever so slightly, as well as put her on a low dose of antibiotics. She's feeling a lot better, leaps and bounds above what she was like even a few days ago.

She chewed on a hard bone (whee!) for a solid hour today, I was so happy. Ada was not happy though.. she wanted the bone for herself!

"See? I try to make heart with my front legs!"

One of my new favorites...

"...GAWD... will she ever get sick of that darn bone?"

"Ummmm... can you make her miserable again, so I can have bone?"

*one more*

elegy

overdogged
ada's face in the third photo lol

i'm so glad ilsa is feeling better!

EddieF

And the obligatory Ronin shot... cuz he gets no love.

The end!
Awesome, awesome photograph. Controlling depth of field is the one thing I miss about my point and shoot digital cameras that I really love for too many other reasons to ever give up.

I see you have a snake, I have snakes too. Have to get their pictures up here one of these days...

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Aw thanks Eddie! I must say, I don't think I could ever go back to a normal camera. I grew up using film SLRs, but the versatility of a digital SLR is... just awesome. I'm loving this lens too, it's my f/1.4 prime, love it love it love it.

PS - what kind of snakes do you have? I'd love to see photos!

Gypsydals

Great photos Sizzle. I'm glad Ilsa is feeling better. I do have to say that one where Ada is right up there touching that bone with her foot is a testament to Ilsa sweetness.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Now we should start calling Ronin "Poor Ronin the Unloved." ;)

I'm really glad she's started feeling better! I'm sure Ada is missing the bones though:D

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I do have to say that one where Ada is right up there touching that bone with her foot is a testament to Ilsa sweetness.
Ilsa is the undisputed high queen of the house - she keeps perfect order in the house, there are no squabbles over bones, food, toys... nothing. If Ada and Ronin are getting rowdy, all it takes is for Ilsa to walk into the room, and they instantly stop. It's pretty friggin' amazing. :)

I can only hope that my next bitch can "reign supreme" as well as Ilsa does. I can't fathom a household run by Ronin or Ada... what a nightmare!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
LOVE all the shots, but that first one is by far my favorite!
How awesome is THAT??!!!

Great shots!:D

EddieF

Aw thanks Eddie! I must say, I don't think I could ever go back to a normal camera. I grew up using film SLRs, but the versatility of a digital SLR is... just awesome. I'm loving this lens too, it's my f/1.4 prime, love it love it love it.

PS - what kind of snakes do you have? I'd love to see photos!
This is Dexter, Florida king...

Belle, Florida king...

and Butchie, Kisatchie corn...

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Very pretty Eddie!

I want to own a California King someday... but these darn pythons really have my heart! ;)

Phoenixangelwyngs

Zookeeper Extraordinaire!
Awwww... I has luvz for Ronin! I love all the Sizzle crew! How could I not?

I'm glad Isla is doing better. She's a good girl. I'll be sad when she goes..... and if either of your dobe dogs were man or dog eating rutheless monsters, there'd be no Ada. But there she is.... whole and cute as ever!

I've never seen a dog do that with their paws. Ada, next time I see you, I'll give you cookies (if mom lets me). I have a whole bunch of snacks in my closet. My boys get soo excited when I open the cookie closet! They know only good things come out of there.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Of course you can give her cookies... whether she takes them or not, is another story! She's a notorious cookie snob. ;)

Phoenixangelwyngs

Zookeeper Extraordinaire!
I'll just have to take some for Ilsa and Ronin too. Whatever she likes... it's quite possible I have it. I got soooo excited about Shye and River that I bought WAAAAYYY too many different kinds of cookies. Pretty much anything without corn and biproducts was an option... and most of it that smelled good to me ended up in the cart. I figured... shoot I want to eat this... of course they will! :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm strange. I know ;)

EddieF

Awwww... I has luvz for Ronin! I love all the Sizzle crew! How could I not?

I'm glad Isla is doing better. She's a good girl. I'll be sad when she goes..... and if either of your dobe dogs were man or dog eating rutheless monsters, there'd be no Ada. But there she is.... whole and cute as ever!

I've never seen a dog do that with their paws. Ada, next time I see you, I'll give you cookies (if mom lets me). I have a whole bunch of snacks in my closet. My boys get soo excited when I open the cookie closet! They know only good things come out of there.
Yeah I had not seen a dog do that with their paws either! Funny.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oh no no no, you're not strange - you should have seen how excited I got when I bought my first box of Cloud Star Provenance cookies - OMG they smell like heaven! I'll try to remember to bring a few tomorrow, so the boys can experience the wonderfulness that is Cloud Star Provenance!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oh - the paws - she's done that since she was a puppy, I think she saw the cats doing it to keep their toes warm, and figured she'd try it too!

Members online

No members online now.