Is this mushroom in my yard poisonous?

Barb04

Super Moderator
I live in middle Tennessee above Nashville. These mushrooms have been growing in our backyard where I never put down any kind of fertilizers, weed killers, etc...

Our development was built on land where cows used to me until the farmer sold some of the land for housing.

Does anyone know what kind of mushrooms these are? Are they poisonous to my dogs?

I already pulled them out of the ground but laid them down on the grass for you to see.

Pops2

looks like a shaggy mane, which are delicious. however, DO NOT eat them based on what they look like to me on an internet pic.

Lyzelle

I'm really not sure, either. I generally always check the yard for things like mushrooms, though, and remove as needed. The dogs usually avoided them anyway....but just to be sure, you know? I only know the mushrooms we picked for eating in the Illinois area....and they looked nothing like that. And it doesn't say much since dogs and humans can't always eat the same things.

Hopefully someone else will have some insight.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Thanks. I'm going out every morning to pick the new ones that pop up. We had a few come up last year, but this past week or two, we are getting them every day.

ACooper

Those are growing crazy in our yard too barb. First droubt, then rain nearly everyday for the past two weeks, LOL Mushroom heaven I guess.

I go out and check the back each morning with my little bag. Orson doesn't care about them either way, but I feel better removing them ;)

Miakoda

We have those, too. I've got several types of mushrooms popping up, including some that look like...umm...penises.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Better safe than sorry IMO... the sudden change in weather (cooler and wetter) has made for ripe mushroom growth here too. We walk the yard two or three times a day to pull any that have popped up.

Doberluv

We have those, too. I've got several types of mushrooms popping up, including some that look like...umm...penises.
Show them to an expert. Those might be morrels. if they are you can sell them to restaurants for a lot and I mean a lot of money. Actually there aren't any other mushrooms that look like morrels, I'm quite sure.

Members online

No members online now.