Is my pup sick or just a puppy?

Ricks2524

My 6 month old Labradoodle will throw up her food on the average of once a week. We've kept the kids away from her when eating thinking she was getting to excited. I've tried feeding her a little at a time thinking her was eating to fast, but so far nothing has changed. Once she up-chucks her dinner, she's back to her old rambunctious self. Any ideas?
BTW. she loves eating grass and bugs, but all I see is un-digested food

Zoom

Twin 2.0
What are you feeding her currently and how much? I'm thinking possible food allergy?

Ricks2524

We feed her Purina puppy chow (dry) 2 times a day at about 8 oz each time. I tried switch foods a few weeks ago. It always happens in the evening feeded, so far never in the mornings

Tinaweena

Purina Puppy Chow is a crap food...so try something else. Like Canidae, Innova, Eagle Pack....etc.
It doesn't sound like an allergy or anything. My labradoodle did this for a while also in the evenings. We were told to mix some cooked white rice in with his food. To absorb some of the acidity in his stomach.
Give that a try...if it doesn't work, talk to your vet.

Herschel

Seriously--switch to a better food. (See the food forum. I feed Canidae and I'm very happy with it)

If that doesn't fix it, then talk to your vet. He will probably recommend putting you on Science Diet, but that's a terrible food, too.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Talk to your vet about running a couple of tests on her, just to rule out anything major. I read today that esophogeal worms can cause chronic vomiting, but those are rather rare.

My ex's rottie mix (Aubrey in my sig) used to throw up for no particular reason...it looked like it was done to get attention. :rolleyes:

I usually recommend splitting feedings into twice a day like you're doing, but in light of her only vomiting at night, perhaps try to feed her the whole amount in the morning and see what that does.

Members online

No members online now.