The dog musing/vent thread

Slick

Kristina
Leo peed in the house for the first time today. There was no warning. He just stood in the middle of the carpet and peed. I managed to interrupt him and bring him outside, but not before he got a good chunk of it on the floor.
I cleaned it up as much as I could and used some odor remover. It smells normal to me now, but no idea about for sensitive dog noses. Really hoping he doesn't try to pee there again because of the smell :-/

Haven't been to rally for about 3 weeks, and then tonight Squash ROCKED it.

Except he has apparently decided that fronts now mean that he sits sideways in front of me, facing to my right. :rolleyes:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Oh, the sheer and utter joy of finding a bone in the couch coushins that has been missing for about three months. My total goob dog. LOL He did that for about 5 minutes straight and has been contentedly chewing on it for about an hour now. Lol

Slick

Kristina

Oh, the sheer and utter joy of finding a bone in the couch coushins that has been missing for about three months. My total goob dog. LOL He did that for about 5 minutes straight and has been contentedly chewing on it for about an hour now. Lol
He is the cutest!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
As if my peers needed any more reason to make fun of my "rat dog," my mom just got done ordering her a pair of pink flannel pajamas, and a snowsuit. I'm fairly certain that she's going to be the most adorable dog in town, although I think she already is.

casey82

Happy Birthday little blue dog. I can't believe you are 1 year old already. I can't believe what we've accomplished in the 9 months I've had you. I feel like you've always been in my life. You're sassy, bossy and brave. You're willing to try anything I ask of you. You make friends with everyone you meet. You have been a wonderful addition to the household and I can't believe how much better my life is since I went and picked you up last January. Thanks for being everything I could ever hope for in a dog. I'm so excited to see what the future holds for us.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
How do you teach a dog not to roll their tennis balls under the furniture? There's been three tonight and she's crying and whining and being annoying because she can't get them out. I've tried ignoring her and just saying 'too bad so sad' but it never seems to make a dent in whether she'll continue shoving her toys under furniture... Drives me nuts.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
How do you teach a dog not to roll their tennis balls under the furniture? There's been three tonight and she's crying and whining and being annoying because she can't get them out. I've tried ignoring her and just saying 'too bad so sad' but it never seems to make a dent in whether she'll continue shoving her toys under furniture... Drives me nuts.
I had to block the spaces off with Auggie. He did it intentionally, so I had some small pieces of wood around and I stacked them up under the furniture and blocked it off. Stayed that way for probably a little over a month. Once he figured out he couldn't do it anymore because it was physically impossible, he stopped trying.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I had to block the spaces off with Auggie. He did it intentionally, so I had some small pieces of wood around and I stacked them up under the furniture and blocked it off. Stayed that way for probably a little over a month. Once he figured out he couldn't do it anymore because it was physically impossible, he stopped trying.
Mia does it intentionally too. WHY? I have no idea. The ball never coming back and the game ending doesn't seem to phase her. I may have to block off everything. I wonder if that would work.... It's a good idea.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I am going to wring this dog's neck. I get home from my wonderful Thanksgiving to the smell of dog crap. Cajun fingerpainted her crate. I am so beyond.... omg. I think it is the most disgusting things in the world when dogs do that and I'm always appalled when they do. I swear to God. This needs to stop.

Shaman woke me up this morning by shoving his head in my apparently open mouth. It scared the crap out of me! I think he might have been trying to get me to regurgitate food like a mother penguin*, but it was totally disgusting.

*side note, he was almost sucessful. Did I mention someone also has a nasty habit kf getting snackies in the litter box? :yikes:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
And now Juno decided to rebel today. I had her in my bedroom with Cajun while I was out shopping, thinking maybe Cajun wouldn't be so sad if she was with the other dogs. Well I don't think it helped with that and instead it made Juno sad too. So I came home to ripped packaging all over my floor - she ate 2 full (16oz) bags of treats. A sample bag of kibble. A bag of small star dental chews. And a 6 pack of Heartgard.

Remind me why I have dogs? Compared to the poop-fest that was last night, this episode merely made me roll my eyes. But it's getting annoying!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Before I had a border collie puppy, my room did not look like a small tornado had blasted through it every 24 hours. Those were the days.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The tree is up and Auggie is delighted. He crawled under it as quickly as possible, while I was still getting the lights going.

Of course now it's all blocked off with fake present boxes to keep the puppies from running underneath and behind it, so poor boopy. Payton tried to figure out how Auggie got under there and tried to wiggle his way underneath... Payton is too big. So he settled for trying to nom a light.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
The dogs are nomming on stingray tails and now their breath reeks like fish. As does my bedroom. But it's keeping them occupied and it's been a really long time since I've bought one, I forgot that they're actually pretty long lasting.

Toller_08

I am so mad at Dance. I am so tired of this. She just randomly eats fabric sometimes, just because she thinks it's a fun thing to do. She ruined an entire pajama shirt of mine and my (pretty expensive) comforter tonight for no reason. For a while I thought it was stress, but no, it's just a bad habit she has. And part of it's my fault for failing to catch her, but she's SO sneaky that it's hard to always prevent her from everything.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Is it just me or does Summer have unusually large feet for a dog as tiny as she is?

DSC_1298 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

/random/
That picture makes it look like it :p But it only makes her more adorable!

I have a good news, not vent to add. Black Friday Megan and I took Gabby and Siri to Pestsmart. Siri reacted to 2 different kids, which doesn't surprise me as I didn't do a wonderful job at exposing her to kids when she was a puppy and when I took her to PA with me my step-mom's toddler screamed while he was visiting with her (out of happiness, he loves dogs) and since then she hasn't been too keen on them. ANYWAY, she reacted to 2 of them and we started LAT and by the time we left she had seen the children a couple more times and wasn't worried about them. Yay Siri!

SpringerLover

I always seem to forget just how awesome it is to take the dogs out early in the morning somewhere where little management is needed and they can just, be dogs! I went to bed early and got up in enough time to take them to a local soccer field that's unused in the winter. We saw a few dogs, and I leashed mine when we did (because they're technically supposed to be on leash but well, nobody else even leashes their dogs in the presence of others). It felt SO nice. Such nice weather and just a great start to the day.

I need to remember that it's worth it more often!

Members online

No members online now.