Cat person?

LauraLeigh

I have a hard time admitting this on a dog forum... I mean I've always "liked" cats but lately with the crew I have now they are right up there with my dogs in how much I enjoy them....

I never thought I would be a "Cat person!" LOL

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I hear you there. I'm always trying to tell people I'm not a cat person, but now I want a bengal cat more than anything.

And my cat, Whiskey... while he is a total turd sometimes, he is SERIOUSLY cool and he's a total love bug. He actually enjoys hanging out with me and is lying next to me right now while I browse Chaz.

JacksonsMom

I don't consider myself a 'cat person' either, but admit sometimes I wish I was, LOL... so much easier, in a lot of ways, than dogs. But I just can't get myself to have that same bond or connection with a cat. I think they're cute and all but that's as far as it goes. lol.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hannah said one day while the dogs were barking (which she hates)... She says "mom... I just never wanted these dogs. I like cats and bunnies" lol sometimes... I can't blame her. The dogs drive me NUTS

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
It's funny, I think my dogs are the quietest pets we own. The cats are pretty mouthy, and the birds can make my ear drums vibrate when they really get going. Jack rarely barks and if Sally barks it's only a couple of barks at a time--they mostly grunt and Jack snores.

LauraLeigh

I don't consider myself a 'cat person' either, but admit sometimes I wish I was, LOL... so much easier, in a lot of ways, than dogs. But I just can't get myself to have that same bond or connection with a cat. I think they're cute and all but that's as far as it goes. lol.
That's how I've always felt, and Bob and Marley are more like that (I think them having each other may be part of that) but Nuts and Minnie? I'm as bonded to them as I am to most dogs...

My cars are mostly quiet, though when the youngsters decide to play at one am its a bit much....

And the parrot, yeah shattered ear drums at times!!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
You gotta meet my boy. It's hard for me not to have a strong bond with him. My bond with him isn't much different than the dogs honestly. There are some cats that I just can't stand, but cats with Whiskey's temperament and personality I tend to be drawn to. I like cats that are talkative, high energy, playful, snuggly, in your face types that actually like to spend time with their people. He seems to really enjoy cuddling up with us and wants to be involved in everything rather than just do his own thing like some cats I've had in the past.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My cat is an asshole but I think hes the coolest cat ever lol.

I'm definitely not a cat person though. I'll own them again, but just one at a time and I won't mind not having one. I do like bengals though. We've had a few come in at work and they've all been really sweet and good to work with.

JacksonsMom

That's how I've always felt, and Bob and Marley are more like that (I think them having each other may be part of that) but Nuts and Minnie? I'm as bonded to them as I am to most dogs...

My cars are mostly quiet, though when the youngsters decide to play at one am its a bit much
Maybe I'll get a cat one day that 'clicks' with me!

I do love my godmom's two Tonkanese cats... sooo full of personality. Honestly, they seem like more work than a dog sometimes though. Always climbing up the curtains, on top of things, on doors, and then they jump on your head and meow all the time lol.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I love both dogs and cats :)

Growing up I always wanted a dog, but my father did not like dogs so I ended up having to wait until I was a teen to get my first dog. When my parents divorced that was the first thing my mom did...she got me a dog.

We did always have cats though :)

thehoundgirl

I have 3 cats. I would not consider myself that crazy cat lady either as I am more of a dog person really.

But.. I adore my cats!!! I honestly don't want more cats after my 3. They are really special cats and I don't think other cats could compare to them. And they fit in well. On this cat forum I am on others have like 6 plus cats. It's like wtf honestly.

I don't know how they keep their house clean and how bad cat drama could be with other cats.. I couldn't imagine more than 3 (luckily my 3 get along) and I was told it was incorrect grammar by a grammar natzi on there when I said I "only" have 3 cats. I meant to say that because 3 cats isn't that many. Also, many people love my Tiger boy since he is so great with people and even if they are not a cat person they love him. But everyone knows he's my buddy. :)

If I absolutely HAD to pick one or the other, I would probably pick dogs, at least at this point in my life.

But man, I love me some kitties.

LauraLeigh

Bob and Marley are sweet, but they don't stack up to Nuts and Mini... This little gal I rescued from work, I just couldn't leave her.... I'd pop outside and she'd run over and rub on my legs looking up at me purring.... I just felt for her hard....

I am not a cat person, we have two cats, they are hubby's, I will feed them if no one else has and if o e lays on me it can stay there, but I won't go out of my way to interact with them. Now one is 19-20 years old so he just eats, sleeps and poops, not much else anymore, but as long as he eats the right food he stays healthy. The young one get more than enough attention from our son, the cat choose him as his person.

If it were up to me we would not have any though, I don't understand getting pets that you train to poop inside, but that jmo.

Equinox

I'm not a cat person, but I love cats. As I mentioned in Kady's photo thread, I'll probably become a cat hoarder eventually :p

Even the evil ones are easy to raise and live with. I think of the Squirrelcat as the feline version of a Malinois, but I could take on two more kittens just like her and still be okay. I'll probably always have a cat or two around.

Don't YOU poop inside? :p
Lmao, ya you got me there, lol, and if could teach them to flush I would probably toilet train them too!

Just thought I would add, I do love MY cats, I just don't go all gooey for other cats is all. Hubby sees a little if kittens on tv and squees, oh look it's an itty bitty kitty committee o_O

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I was like "eww cats!" For like ... Ever since I could remember ... I mean I "liked" cats as an animal like of someone's car wanted to be petted or sit in my lap I would let them ... But as far as having a cat? No I don't think so.

Until I had this one barn cat at the place where I used to work: she was feral, humane trapped at the home owners work that my boss rented the barn from. Poor thing wouldn't come out of the hay barn for like a month, I set up her food & ware in there & that's the way it was for the first months she was there, I would come every morning & fill the food/water & it was always empty so I knew she was eating it.

Until one day I was working & I heard all this comotion in the hay barn, like cats fighting. I run in there to see this huge black/white cat has my cat by the throat & she is killing her (poor thing was gasping & sputtering) so I grab a broom & knock the other cat off ... It ran off & I never saw it again.

After that day that cat was the best friend (aside from a dog) I ever had ... EVER she followed me to every stall I cleaned & would even follow me out to the pastures when I turned horses out ... Bad none she was the best friend I had.

Then one day when it was almost time for me to leave for Houston that year she just disappeared ... Plain & simple, just freaking disappeared, no body, no nothing I never knew that happened to her :(

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Yup I'm a cat person. Right now we have the evil black cat. We call her bitch cat. She really is not a nice cat but loves Katie so she is staying. Then we have Thea. Oh Thea, were to begin with her. She was born in the barn, raised by a feral farm cat. I found her laying in the straw at about 6 weeks old, thinking she was dead I picked her up to dispose of her, and nope she wasn't dead but I couldn't figure out why she didn't run away when I came in the barn. She is long haired, pure white and stone deaf. She also has the cat equivalent of down syndrome. Everything she does is done slowly, but she is so gentle and has a really good mothering instinct. Why cant I have a normal cat?

I would love to have a Devon Rex some day though

Members online

No members online now.