Hi, all fellow dog worshipers from a new member.

My Name is Staci and I am so happy to be a member of your site! I am 48 years old and have been a "dog person" since I was born. My first dog was a schnauzer when I was 1 years old. Since then I have had many dogs as a child. I fell in love with Gsd's and Collies due to Rin Rin Tin Tin and of course Lassie. I owned my first Collie at the age of 9. His name was Kelly. When I left for college I purchased my first Gsd .and the love affair began. Her name was Brandy, then came Cheyenne (a male), Axel (a male) and then the true love of my life... Dakota. She came to me as a 9 week old pup from Germany, a sable, born to do Schutzhund. She and I earned our first title when she was 2 and I took her to a Schutzhund 1.( she earned High in Trial) She and I also received the AD. Of course before the 1 she and I earned a B( Axel and I earned a B as well). Dakota was ready for the 2 and 3 but by that time I was disillusioned with the many forms of training methods I was being exposed to and did not want to continue with the sport. Plus as with any organization or club, politics became overwhelming. Dakota and I retired from the sport when she was 4 and she spent the rest of her life as a "couch potato" and "bed hog". I did take her swimming on the weekends ( she loved to swim). She was the "love of my life". December 3rd of this year will mark the 2nd anniversary of her death. She died 4 months before her 12th birthday. She is at the "Bridge" waiting for me. (Along with all the others).

I now own a Florida Curr! If you are unfamiliar, they are breed of hound specifically bred in Florida. Not recognized by the AKC and that is fine with me.

Her name is Cinder, She is almost a year and I have had her since she was 8 weeks.Cinder is black brindle in color and tops out at about 47lbs. She , of course will never take Dakota's place, but she owns my heart and soul. I don't cry as much now when I think of Dakota, although I have a picture of Dakota in every room and on the night stand next to my bed. Next weekend or later today I will included pictures in my introduction and with my signature!!!

I, just recenlty got back together with my ex-husband(after 8 years) and he owns a black Gsd. Her name is Dutchess and she is 7. So Cinder has a sister.

So, again, thank you so much for allowing me to join your forum and I promise to become an "excellent" member. I was a Vet Tech for a number of years and I hope the knowledge I learned will help the members.

So, that is basically my story. One more thing I would like you to know about me... Dog is God spelled backwards, and I believe there is a reason for that.:hail:

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome! I'm so glad you decided to join us. I look forward to pics of your dogs.

Maxy24

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! I can't wait to see pictures of your dogs. I'm sure you'll learn a lot here and I hope you enjoy the forum :D

Welcome to Chaz! hope you like the forum and i cant wait for pics of your dogs(I love brindle colored dogs):D :) :D !

gradyupmybutt

Gone to the dawgs
Hi & welcome to chazhound! I'm still very new here but I love it & hope you do too. I'll also join the chorus for pictures of your dogs. I love black GSDs but I'm very intrigued to see what a Florida Curr looks like.

Thanks for making Me, Dutchess and Cinder welcome:) I'm am sorry no pic's yet. Gathered them all up but have not had time to download. Scanner died today, but I bought a new one , so by the weekend you will all get to see my babies:D . They are beautiful, of course (a proud mommy). All of your's are wonderful!!!!!

Finally got pic's

My hubby bought me a new digital camera last night. took some good pictures. I will post them tonight! Hope you like my "babies":cool:

Staff online

Members online