Waves!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I've been posting for a couple of days, but its time for a formal introduction.

I got my dog from a rescue about 5 weeks ago. They had found her in a rural kill shelter, hours from being destroyed. She's supposedly a border collie mix, though I see a lot of one of the spitz breeds in her. She was substantially underweight and dirty, but as you can see, she cleans up nice:

She's about 7 months old, and has a really sweet and quiet personality. Her name is Sarama (http://voi.org/books/rig/ch10.htm). By way of explanation, read the link . . . I was a religious studies major in my youth :D

As for myself, I used to work in an aquarium boutique shop before running off to law school, and at one point had 7 tanks, though I'm down to two. The non dog critter tally stands, between myself and my fiance, at
2 cats, 3 rats, 2 guinea pigs, 1 gecko, and 2 aquariums. Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Maxy24

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! Your dog is gorgeous, I agree there is spitz in there. I'm sure you'll learn a lot here and I hope you enjoy the forum :D

wishbone

Hello Lila, we are also glad to have you here. I think you and your fiance really enjoys caring your pets, and Sarama is so lucky to have you. :)

LuvsDogs

Hello & welcome to the forum. Your pup is gorgeous & an unusual color. Look forward to seeing more pics of her & your other pets.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
There's no doubt that Sarama was lucky: lucky that we have a rescue that specializes in out-of-time dogs from rural shelters; lucky that one of the women that runs the rescue insisted on taking her even though they were out of room; lucky that her last day was a Saturday, when the rescue was there; lucky, for that matter, that I walked in the door to PetSmart that day to buy algae wafers for my fish . . .

But I'm the one who feels lucky. After months of trying to decide what breed would be best, of worrying about whether I had the time and stamina to raise an 8-week-old puppy, worrying about finding a breeder I could really trust or an older dog that was stable . . . the right dog was waiting for me when I wandered into the back of the store to see the rescue dogs . . . lucky that I had the time that day to say 'sure, I'll take her for a walk' . . . lucky I'm engaged to a man who was willing to say 'sure, lets give her a shot'. . . lucky that the right dog was just waiting for me to find her

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Oh, I suspect she does . . .but SHHHHHHH . . . .we say such nasty things around the insurance company. The papers from the rescue say she's a border collie mix, and that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

But she almost never barks unless she has something important to say . . .

Members online

No members online now.