Soldiers hurting a dog on video, just terrible

B

Bobsk8

I posted the petition on another dog web site and almost every response was basically.... "Hey the soldiers are doing a hard job, they need to blow off steam doing something, let them alone.." :yikes: I couldn't believe it. Like if you are in a war, that gives you the right to be a total creep and get away with it. This society that we are in today, has some real issues.....

Dreeza

I posted the petition on another dog web site and almost every response was basically.... "Hey the soldiers are doing a hard job, they need to blow off steam doing something, let them alone.." :yikes: I couldn't believe it. Like if you are in a war, that gives you the right to be a total creep and get away with it. This society that we are in today, has some real issues.....
that is so sick. It just sickens me more and more everyday, each time i witness

I really hope they find out who these people are. The thing is, even if the bad apples are the minority, the more of them there are, the more of an influence they will be. Not that I would know, so i am guessing, but i am sure it would be hard to stand up to your fellow soldiers and tell them what is right and wrong....

I think it was Jules who said it...but i definately think the humane thing to do would have been to just shoot the poor dog. I would have had not problem with that had it been done out of compassion, and not out of hate.

I'm sorry, but i dont agree with the whole "shooting a dog should be nothing to a soldier" thing...I dont see how a soldier can be doing thier job properly without compassion to the people/dogs/animals/whoever, who need it and deserve it after all they have been through.

Julie

I am back again.
I said that about "shooting a dog should be nothing to a soldier"....
I really didn't mean it the way it sounds now. :)
I meant even though they are people and most have compassion for life....I would believe that shooting a dog with no chance of a life would be something they could do... and not break down about it. Especially if the majority of the dogs get treated like the one in the video....
I also said about shooting that dog would have been the humane thing to do...I still think that, imagine the suffering the dog could endure. :(

That was really awful. Our first reaction is to take those soldiers and beat them, jail them, torture them or maybe even kill them. We take our young impressionable men and send them thousands of miles away to risk their lives daily or kill daily we subject them to violence and atrocities that we cant even fathom then we expect them to act normal and come back normal.

This is a wonderful example of what war is.. Think about it next time you want someone else to fight for a cause you think is right. This is only the tip of the iceberg, much much worse stuff is going on there.

You realy think so, I give you Oakland.

You dont need a war zone to see how even we as Americans have degraded.
I watched the video of them going after cars, a little confused though, why was there a riot in the first place?

I posted the petition on another dog web site and almost every response was basically.... "Hey the soldiers are doing a hard job, they need to blow off steam doing something, let them alone.." I couldn't believe it. Like if you are in a war, that gives you the right to be a total creep and get away with it. This society that we are in today, has some real issues.....
Tell them being a soldier or a cop does not put you above the law. I wonder
if they would change there tune if a soldier was beating up on them instead.
Violence of animals does escalate into violence of humans. Almost every serial killer ever found hurt an animal first. We could stop these killers from escalating that far if we would punish them when we catch them hurting an animal.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Which one is this, Bob? I would really like to read this!

I would like that other message board link as well.

Here
is the article in armytime news about peta searching for these soldiers and offering a reward.

PETA looking for soldiers in video

By Melissa Vogt - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Jan 19, 2007 21:37:46 EST

An animal-rights group is offering up to $5,000 for information that helps identify and locate men it believes are U.S. service members who are seen throwing rocks and heard laughing at a crippled dog in a brief video posted on the Internet.

The posting at LiveLeak.com claims the 51-second video footage was found on a CD in Baghdad’s “Green Zone.”

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals condemned the actions on tape in a Friday statement and called for the individuals to be court-martialed, if they are proven to belong to the U.S. military.

The video clip begins with giggles and a dark-haired dog lying next to tire tracks in the dust.

“I got a video camera now,” a voice announces.

About eight seconds later, another voice says, “Stop it, dude. Do you hear that [expletive]?”

While the video focuses mainly on the dog, at one point the camera swings to show what look and sound like U.S. soldiers. One man picks up a rock and tosses it toward the animal.

About 20 seconds in, one voice says, “I’ll bet he’s in a lot of pain.”

The dog variously snaps at the rocks, barks at his tormenters and tries to find a spot out of the rock thrower’s reach. The dog hops away awkwardly, missing at least one leg entirely and another dangles uselessly.

Amid laughter, another voice says at the half-minute mark, “That is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”

At nearly the same moment, the earlier voice comments, “He must have been like that a long time.”

The mirth continues, but at 47 seconds the same voice says, “I feel like we should kill him. I really do.”

Another man answers, “You wanna go over and kill it?”

The PETA statement notes that the same people who are cruel to animals “are often repeat offenders who pose a serious threat to humans and other animals.”

“The men in this video are a disgrace to their unit and to their country,” said PETA Foundation staffer William Rivas-Rivas, a former Navy officer and a Persian Gulf veteran. “They are cowards, taking their aggression out on the most defenseless being available to them. The ‘best of the best’ don’t behave like cruel, bullying thugs.”

Anyone with information about the incident in the video can e-mail PETA’s Domestic Animal Abuse department at DAWR&[email protected] or call (757) 622-7382, extension 8037.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I watched the video of them going after cars, a little confused though, why was there a riot in the first place?
I'll chime in on this one. Oakland is a very dangerous place. Scary as all get out. There really are not too many safe areas in Oakland- being run by gangs and what not.

Maybe this tidbit will help: this past summer Oakland police held a meeting with local gang members (the heads of them- I forget what they call them) to negotiate peace. Negotiate peace! Ugh.

jammer

High Maintenance
This makes me sick

How could our "heroes" sit there and hurt an animal? They should be sent home and required to do thousands of hours of community service in an animal shelter. They should be required to read thousands of stories of animal abuse and do reports on them. It's ridiculous how animals are treated.

Thank you for posting that link bobsk8.

Here is a quote from a poster who clearly is biased since she/he
knows someone related to a member of this unit.

Poster by Dobermom
now, I am in touch with a army-mom, whos son is in the same unit that those soldiers are.
He wrote his mom a letter, saying the they all fell in love with this dog, they adopted him, he was like a unit mascot.
Then he said, he will be bringing the dog home, when his tour is up.
Ok, mom got ready for a dog.

then one night, after heavy fire, and they lost some of there man, a couple of guys just snapped.

It is very unfortunate what happend to the dog.
I am not in any way, agreeing with what they did, but, at least no human got hurt.
Those soldiers are out of the unit, and are being held , on there way back to the states and awwaiting punishment.

So, we do not need to make a big deal out of a dog, as bad as it sounds, a human life is more importend .
I rather see our men come home, safe and sound, then a dog live.
You should post the link to this message board Bob. I do not want
to join another board but to make it pretty clear that people do
not agree with this and this attitude. I also like being
upfront with people and not speaking where they cannot see
this response; however, like I said, I do not want to join this
board. (when people start posting personal attacks we have
excellent moderators here who real them in :) )

Now this post I agree with from a poster named 2 big dogs. Though
I do not live in the US.

I personally think those guys should be punished. I don't pay taxes into the government for those guys to go over there and find defenseless dogs to torment. That dog most likely didn't do anything to them to get treated that way. They had no right in doing what they did to the dog. Those guys bring disgrace to the US military. If they were that bored then there CO should be giving them more to do. That was completely uncalled for. Those men and women who are in the military have a choice to sign up or not to sign up. Those guys who were tormenting the dog made a choice to go to the military. The military hasn't drafted people in quite some time now. I seriously doubt those guys were forced into signing up with the military. If they found fun in tormenting a helpless dog then who’s to say they wouldn’t one day start hurting people for no reason when they were to get bored again. I hope they get a harsh punishment. The dog definitely didn’t deserve the terrible treatment, did he/she????

How could our "heroes" sit there and hurt an animal? They should be sent home and required to do thousands of hours of community service in an animal shelter. They should be required to read thousands of stories of animal abuse and do reports on them. It's ridiculous how animals are treated.
Ild be careful with lumping these few in with the actual Heroes.

Yes I do understand sarcasm but even the "" leaves a bad taste with me.

shea4

It makes me sick

It makes me sick to see this But really what do we expect .LOOK AT HOW WE TREAT EACH ITS NO WONDER HOW PEOPLE TREAT ANIMALS !! ;)

B

Bobsk8

Thank you for posting that link bobsk8.

Here is a quote from a poster who clearly is biased since she/he
knows someone related to a member of this unit.

Poster by Dobermom

You should post the link to this message board Bob. I do not want
to join another board but to make it pretty clear that people do
not agree with this and this attitude. I also like being
upfront with people and not speaking where they cannot see
this response; however, like I said, I do not want to join this
board. (when people start posting personal attacks we have
excellent moderators here who real them in :) )

Now this post I agree with from a poster named 2 big dogs. Though
I do not live in the US.
I very rarely visit that web site due to the slow server and the lack of any kind of good information such as is available on Chaz... After reading most of the posts on this topic, I doubt if I ever will go back there. I will post a link to this thread..

ACooper

Dobermom:So, we do not need to make a big deal out of a dog, as bad as it sounds, a human life is more importend
I don't see how she thinks we are comparing, or should be comparing human life : dog life...................The scenario was not- Dog trying to attack, human kills dog. The scenario WAS- Dog is crippled, minding own business, humans torture & tease

No human life was in danger at the moment that I could see, so what exactly does her point mean??

Members online

No members online now.