The Good News thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Got news today that's made me sigh a sigh of relief. Everything is gonna be alright if I keep myself under control.

And it means puppy may become a possibility next year. =)

AliciaD

On second thought...
The apartment I moved into isn't worth what my roommies and I are collectively paying, buuuut it's in a really young, ecofriendly, dog friendly town.

Like, I go outside my apartment to get the mail and all I see is dogs, dogs, dogs.

I live across from a groomer.

Toller_08

Pretty confident that I have a new job starting soon. Pays way better than my current job, and while I'll be sad that Journ can't come to work anymore, the hours will be better for accomplishing more with the dogs at home. Especially since this job is closer to home, so no more three hour daily commute on top of an already 8.5 hour work day. And, if I decide to go back to school, there will be more time for that too. So fingers crossed. I had my second interview with them today, and he said they only called me and two others back for interview #2 and that he would let us know tonight what the decision is. I have a good feeling about it, though.

And if this doesn't work out, I have another interview this week too for a similar job and hopefully that one works out. I definitely can't stay stuck in this job for much longer. The only trouble is that it's crappy timing for my boss, and ideally not what I'd like to do to her, but these job opportunities were too good to not give myself a chance at.

Saeleofu

I got a little office area set up in my back room! It never occurred to me to arrange my room this way, but I LOVE it. Now the front room needs to be done. I'm considering doing a start-up fundraiser thing (like Kickstarter or something...suggestions welcome!) for Vortex Canine to get my own high quality sewing machine (as opposed to my mum's $40 sewing machine) so I can have it up there and have the front half of my front room be my sewing area.

k9krazee

OMG. Best news ever today! We're moving down the street --- big huge flat agility privacy fenced yard and doubled our living space inside. We have a guest room and will now be able to host family gatherings!!! I couldn't be more excited!!!!! Eta - and it just so happened that we found a renter for our house at the same time! Things are working perfectly! (Just not looking forward to the move in 2 weeks!)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
OMG. Best news ever today! We're moving down the street --- big huge flat agility privacy fenced yard and doubled our living space inside. We have a guest room and will now be able to host family gatherings!!! I couldn't be more excited!!!!! Eta - and it just so happened that we found a renter for our house at the same time! Things are working perfectly! (Just not looking forward to the move in 2 weeks!)
Sounds perfect for the Seal, too! ;)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
yaaaaay Congrats :D

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Awesome! Sounds like an awesome yard for Seal and Cross to play in. :D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
That sounds awesome!!!

DJEtzel

Recon/Sir's comfortflex came today! My new friend got to see me be very excited over dog stuff. XD

Also, snuggled a ridiculously adorable kitty at work! Now I have a rash, but it was worth it!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
SUPER COOL! Sounds pretty synchronistic to me.... ;)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Found a new apartment!! It's kind of small, but newly remodeled and with big windows. Hardwood floors, huge balcony and a good view. The complex itself is pretty neat with a really nice pool area, gym and 24 HOUR LAUNDRY! We're up on the 7th floor, so away from most of the main traffic. I'll have a secure parking garage for the XT and they had zero issue with the size of the dogs.

That's a huge weight off my shoulders. The last three places we ha gone to check out were rented out from under us 5 minutes before we got there, which was within 2 hours of the listing going live.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Found a new apartment!! It's kind of small, but newly remodeled and with big windows. Hardwood floors, huge balcony and a good view. The complex itself is pretty neat with a really nice pool area, gym and 24 HOUR LAUNDRY! We're up on the 7th floor, so away from most of the main traffic. I'll have a secure parking garage for the XT and they had zero issue with the size of the dogs.

That's a huge weight off my shoulders. The last three places we ha gone to check out were rented out from under us 5 minutes before we got there, which was within 2 hours of the listing going live.
YAY!!!!!!

Still doing cherry creek?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I've got a few vacation days I need to use by December so I was figuring out today when I want to take them. Much to my surprise, no one had taken black Friday off yet, so yoink, I snatched that one up - and it's my Saturday off too, so yay 4 day weekend!

AND I'm taking off the Friday before that, so that I can go to the Catching Fire midnight premier :D

Having vacation days is a completely new concept to me, and let me tell you it's kind of rad that you get paid for your absence. lol. It'll be nice to have those days to look forward to.

Members online

No members online now.