How could this happen? graphic nature

Julie

I am back again.
How could anyone have such a total disrespect for a life???????Well many many lives?

This is just a short distance from where I am. I for one am sickened by such cruel acts and disrespect for these animals.

Did anyone see a tv news broadcast about this? Just wondering how far away it will make the news......

Visit these links soon, cause I am not sure how long they will keep it online.

(Graphic Nature)
http://www.hampshirereview.com/stories/frontstory1.htm

http://www.times-news.com/articles/2006/02/01/sections/regional_news/general/news72.txt

My guess would be the animals are the tortured dead from a neighboring state's experimental lab. But I guess more facts will come out during the investigtion.

Some of these animals still had collars and tags on, which would only mean they were stolen!!! My main reason for posting such a horrific story is to remind pet owners to keep their pets supervised and safe. I know I am going to be alot more careful when my dogs are outside in our fenced yard.

poodlesmom

A couple of years ago we had a similar finding in our area.

What the investigation finally revealed was that the local pet crematory that all of the surrounding vets, etc. used was pocketing the monies paid to them and then dumping the bodies without performing the services paid for.

They had quite a variety of charges lodged against them and although I don't recall the specific punishment they didn't get away with it - I believe there was some jail time as well as quite hefty fines.

Julie

I am back again.
UPDATE:
All the animals found were not stolen they were from shelters and vet offices that had died or were put to sleep. Then sent to the crematoriam (sp?) to be cremated, and instead of doing the job, they dumped them. How sad, but at least they were not experimental animals.

The crematoriam is in Va. Some still had id tags on their necks. With only a few phone calls, the crematorium was found to be responsible.

EliNHunter

Thank you for shedding light to this. I read it this morning and was too distraught to even post it. Some of the dogs still even had their IV tubes taped to their legs. Sick B@st@rds...

Dixie

The ***** idiot
People have little to no regard to animals- even if they are dead.

When you threw a family's beloved pet into the forest to rot with 100s of others and then tell them you cremated them and took their money, that is just downright dirty. You not only disrespect the animal, you disrespect the grieving family, and your community by illegally dumping them there.

Because Im such a lover, every dog Ive owned has been buried on a hill over looking the pond, and I have a makeshift grave marker for each one that is a large stone with their name, date of birth and date of eternal rest written on it, every spring, I go place one flower on each grave and say a small prayer for each one. And this has accumulated since I was a child and I can tell you how each one died, and which ones really stood out.

Dix

EliNHunter

That's sweet, Dixie... very special. I, on the other hand, have 3 urns of ashes with a tribute to each in my living room. I shudder at the thought that those aren't really their ashes... makes me sick...

Members online