The Venting Thread

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Thank goodness for good friends, hey?? It is scary. I've never been roofied but I did get punched in the face& knocked out one time by a guy who was drunk& thought I was his girlfriend dancing with another guy. Oops?

And roofied means drugged.

Lyzelle

Yeah I'm ok. Nolu was out with me and she's been out drinking with me enough to know what I'm usually like and how much I can handle. So when she realized I was acting strange and much more drunk than I should have been for what I drank, she didn't let me out of her sight.

So luckily nothing happened!
<3 Glad Nolu was with you and you guys are both okay. So frustrating and scary that that happened to you. Nolu gets points for being observant and generally awesome. You get points for not going on a rampage after you realized what happened. I probably would have.

DJEtzel

So glad you're ok Zoom! *hugs*

And roofied means drugged.
Roofie is actually a street term for the drug Rohypnol. It's a specific drug that is slipped into drinks because it is a lot lot Valium and is used to induce anesthesia, so usually after taking it you don't remember much. Makes you an easy target for rape- which is why it's also know as the "date rape drug."

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Yes.. I know the actual term. Sorry was writing in a rush. Just thought she wanted to know what it meant. It means you're drugged, basically. Sorry!

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Yes.. I know the actual term. Sorry was writing in a rush. Just thought she wanted to know what it meant. It means you're drugged, basically. Sorry!
All I was looking for was what it meant.

Roofies are a date rape drug. Very easily slipped into drinks.
Thanks

So glad you're ok Zoom! *hugs*

Roofie is actually a street term for the drug Rohypnol. It's a specific drug that is slipped into drinks because it is a lot lot Valium and is used to induce anesthesia, so usually after taking it you don't remember much. Makes you an easy target for rape- which is why it's also know as the "date rape drug."
Thanks for going more into depth. Though everyone's answer was fine.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Thank goodness for good friends, hey?? It is scary. I've never been roofied but I did get punched in the face& knocked out one time by a guy who was drunk& thought I was his girlfriend dancing with another guy. Oops?
Holy. Cow. That's insane. Who were you dancing with - your BF?

And I don't know if I'm a good friend, but I definitely tried. I was stone cold sober for most of it; and that helped.

Yep. She remembers very little of what happened. I feel like I have a missed opportunity to make fun stuff up. :(

Yeah I'm ok. Nolu was out with me and she's been out drinking with me enough to know what I'm usually like and how much I can handle. So when she realized I was acting strange and much more drunk than I should have been for what I drank, she didn't let me out of her sight. I need to have a chat with one of my coworkers though, because apparently he was trying to drag me outside, supposedly to "go back to D's apartment." Nolu interceded and stuffed me into a cab to go back to her place.

You can drink a Russian under the table, so when you're ****ed up out of your mind after three drinks, I'm worried.

I talked with Chris about that person and he thinks that he's the one that slipped it to you. It's usually someone you know who's likely to succeed in taking you home - and he was definitely trying to drag you away from me when I announced that we were getting a cab. He tried to get you to go back to D's place and "we could all go home from there" and just stood outside and watched us go. All signs point to. . . well. . .

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Yeah, knowing you're no longer in control is a horrifying sensation! I've been there once, without being drugged, and it is a feeling that will stay with you for a long time. Good friends are worth their weight in gold! Make sure you hug Nolu next time you see her!

You are definitely a good friend!! I have seen some horrid stuff in bars where the persons' friend did nothing& basically stood by& watched it happen. I have stepped in twice when friends failed to be decent human beings. One girl was so horrifyingly drugged she couldn't stand without the help of the guy who drugged her& her eyes were shut. He had his hands up her shirt, down her pants& his tongue stuck in her mouth. Everyone stood there watching and not ONE person stepped forward to help her so I grabbed her, took her cellphone& called her parents to come pick her up. You know she went to the bar with friends.. you can't help but wonder with friends like that, why you'd ever need enemies.

And oddly no. Not even my boyfriend. He was at home. I was dancing with my gay friend ..and it was NOT shockingly dirty because I don't roll like that. I walked off the dance floor to get a drink, stepped up to the top step& BOOM. Nailed in the face. It was a super fun night. Shortly after that I stopped being a bar goer with any frequency.

Last edited:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yeah, knowing you're no longer in control is a horrifying sensation! I've been there once, without being drugged, and it is a feeling that will stay with you for a long time. Good friends are worth their weight in gold! Make sure you hug Nolu next time you see her!

You are definitely a good friend!! I have seen some horrid stuff in bars where the persons' friend did nothing& basically stood by& watched it happen. I have stepped in twice when friends failed to be decent human beings. One girl was so horrifyingly drugged she couldn't stand without the help of the guy who drugged her& her eyes were shut. He had his hands up her shirt, down her pants& his tongue stuck in her mouth. Everyone stood there watching and not ONE person stepped forward to help her so I grabbed her, took her cellphone& called her parents to come pick her up. You know she went to the bar with friends.. you can't help but wonder with friends like that, why you'd ever need enemies.

And oddly no. Not even my boyfriend. He was at home. I was dancing with my gay friend ..and it was shockingly dirty because I don't roll like that. I walked off the dance floor to get a drink, stepped up to the top step& BOOM. Nailed in the face. It was a super fun night. Shortly after that I stopped being a bar goer with any frequency.
She fed me burgers and fries and bought me coffee creamer. We're even. :rofl1: Seriously though, she's safe and un-raped and that's all I'm worried about.

The bolded bit is how I felt about everyone else who came. No one else intervened - even the other sober person. Although he did toss her drink, so points for that. What on earth would have happened if BOTH of us got drugged that night?

When I was on the phone with the ex-bf today telling him about it, he made the point that we hang out with a lot of winners. At the moment, I'm inclined to agree. Not everyone saw what was happening, but those who noticed did nothing.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Speaking from
Similar experiences .... These moments show you who your friends
Are and what kind of life you can do without. Like yyOvone, I stopped the frequency of partying out. It's an experience that makes you realize how NOT fun and not safe it is and how unreliable most people around
You are. Most just want to promote you into going and getting laid and pay no attention to your state of mind.

Zoom, I am so glad you are ok. What a frightening experience :(. (((HUGS)))

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The wind is ridiculous and it's keeping me up. It sounds like a freaking tornado outside.

Also my door to my garage broke AGAIN and I can't fix it. I hate when I get so pissed off at the house that I get to tears. It's okay. You can call the landlord and he will fix it. Having the door cracked open a few inches for a couple days is not going to kill you. The main garage door still works. It's okay. Repeat after me.

I really do have this problem about stressing to the point of non-function about things.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She fed me burgers and fries and bought me coffee creamer. We're even. :rofl1: Seriously though, she's safe and un-raped and that's all I'm worried about.

The bolded bit is how I felt about everyone else who came. No one else intervened - even the other sober person. Although he did toss her drink, so points for that. What on earth would have happened if BOTH of us got drugged that night?

When I was on the phone with the ex-bf today telling him about it, he made the point that we hang out with a lot of winners. At the moment, I'm inclined to agree. Not everyone saw what was happening, but those who noticed did nothing.
FishChris or your Chris is the one who thinks A spiked my drink?

I think part of the reason no one else did anything is A) they saw you being bodyguard and B) they've seen me get stupid, stupid drunk before and I'm guessing they thought I had drank more than I had and was at that point? Dunno. Definitely going back to my two drink limit for awhile though if shady sh*t is going to be going down.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
No matter what I try I seem to always break out around a new tattoo when it is healing. I've tried multiple different options and I still break out. It goes away after the tattoo is healed but this happens every single time. This time around I popped a pimple on my leg near my tattoo. It ended up swelling a little around the area and I feel like I have a gigantic bruise on my shin. Sucky. I did a warm compress, but I'm struggling to refrain from picking that spot. **** it.

The wind was crazy here last night, too. Our windows were literally rattling. You know, the kind of thing when juuuust as you're dozing off again it picks up and wakes you up again. :mad:

noludoru

Bored Now.
FishChris or your Chris is the one who thinks A spiked my drink?

I think part of the reason no one else did anything is A) they saw you being bodyguard and B) they've seen me get stupid, stupid drunk before and I'm guessing they thought I had drank more than I had and was at that point? Dunno. Definitely going back to my two drink limit for awhile though if shady sh*t is going to be going down.
Fish was one of the people who noticed and didn't do anything.

I think hanging out with the one dude again is off of my to-do list. Never mind how many drinks are involved. I can't prove anything but I'm suspicious enough.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Fish was one of the people who noticed and didn't do anything.

I think hanging out with the one dude again is off of my to-do list. Never mind how many drinks are involved. I can't prove anything but I'm suspicious enough.
Definitely trust your gut instincts on this one.

Taqroy

Yeah I'm ok. Nolu was out with me and she's been out drinking with me enough to know what I'm usually like and how much I can handle. So when she realized I was acting strange and much more drunk than I should have been for what I drank, she didn't let me out of her sight. I need to have a chat with one of my coworkers though, because apparently he was trying to drag me outside, supposedly to "go back to D's apartment." Nolu interceded and stuffed me into a cab to go back to her place.

Holy **** that's horrifying. I'm glad Nolu was with you.

Members online

No members online now.