Surolan drops? Question

*kitty!

Kitty and Buddy!
Hi, My dog has some black stuff in his ears so i took him to the vet. The vet said it was wax so he prescribed a wash and Surolan drops. After two days of giving him the drops he started to act funny, when he runs he has his head done to the side and runs kind of sideways like hes dizzy or something. He also just lays around and doesnt eat very much. I stopped giving him the drops for 3 days to see if he would get any better but hes still the same should i start giving him the drops again? or go back to the vet?

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
did the vet tell you to clean the ear out at all? Or how long to use the wash? It's possible that the wax has loosened, but not cleared--and changes to the ear will cause some balance problems. I use a tissue to gently wipe inside of my dogs ear to clean out any excess wax--one of my guys has an issue with this.
I'd call the vet if it hasn't improved.

Dreeza

definitely sounds like an inner ear issue...I work with people with these problems, haha. But please, please go to the vet asap...depending on the type of issue, the problem can kinda continue to build on itself, and could possibly leave your dog with longer lasting effects. I know how to re-train an inner ear in humans, but don't think its really possible in dogs - so PLEASE get it checked quickly! (its not like life threatening, but your dog could be left running sideways all the time, haha)

Members online