Backyard Odor?

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
We've gotten lots of rain over the past few days and tonight when I went outside with the dogs I noticed our backyard has a "funky" smell to it. It doesn't reek of pee/poop, but I'm wondering if it's related to that. Does lots of rain cause the smell that wouldn't normally be noticeable to be become stronger? I'd think it would dilute it down..

Is there anything I can do? The yard is picked up weekly, but I obviously don't walk around behind each dog and dilute the urine after they pee.

Saeleofu

My yard, my parents' yard, and the clinic's patch of grass all smell funky when it rains.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
it's a bacteria in the dirt which goes a little nasty when it rains. I use bleach in a miracle grow lawn dispenser and it does cut the odor.
Depending upon the day my dogs sometimes think they are cows. So, bleaching here would be a bad idea. Doesn't it kill the grass?

Saeleofu

They also have lawn/yard sprayer things at Petsmart to deodorize the yard. I've never used it, but I have seen them.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You could try dish soap and water... if nothing else, it definitely won't hurt the yard. Auggie is a grass-muncher too and I've used dish soap and water on the yard before, and so far, no adverse affects. I just pick up cheap generic dish soap (no antibacterial dish soap) and I think it's 3-1 water to dish soap ratio. I use a spray bottle.

Members online

No members online now.