Other pets I'd like except....

Snark

Mutts to you
Thanks :) He's a Welsh/Arab (maybe with some TB thrown in there), large pony. I did H/J the entire time I rode. Took a few dressage lessons and rode a couple western reining horses (WHICH IS SO FUN), but I always stuck with H/J's.

Is that Rocket in the pic? He looks handsome!
Thanks! Yeah, that was my Fuzzface. He was solid black and all the little girls at the barn were in love with him. He liked them, too; in fact, he was great with little kids. Sis and I rode through a nearby park one weekend and passed the soccer fields. A whole herd of six year olds left their practice and charged us. Rocket stood like a statue while lots of little hands patted his legs until the coaches got the kids to leave. (Sis took Ginger far away because Ginger refused to acknowledge the existence of anyone under 4 ft. tall and would have walked right over the kids.)

AmberD

I am horribly, insanely allergic to rats. That makes me so sad.

I have an acre, but I need two to own goats. I find that interesting, because it doesn't matter the size of enclosure the goats have, but the enclosure has to be on at least 2 acres. If I had 2 acres AND someone to help take care of them, I'd have 2 goats and a burro.

Rats: Their lifespans are too short and I hate cleaning cages.

Rabbits: Worried one of the dogs or cats will think "Yum, dinner!". Also too worried I'll injure it.

Ferret: Too expensive and can't give it enough attention.

Parrots: Same as the Ferret.

Full Size Horse: Expensive, can't ride do to my joints.

Pigs (of any size): Love them, hate the squeal.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I take issue with any animal that has to be kept outside. I'm WEIRD that way in the sense where it makes me feel secure to have all the animals in the house, I would feel really weird sleeping with a rabbit outside in a hutch or chickens or anything for instance.
and my rational side is like "well they have enclosures, they are animals and can deal with the elements.."

but then I'm like I WONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THEM AND WHAT IF IT RAINS AND WHAT IF THEY GET SCARED!

....so yea.
no outdoor animals lol

Romy

Taxiderpy
I take issue with any animal that has to be kept outside. I'm WEIRD that way in the sense where it makes me feel secure to have all the animals in the house, I would feel really weird sleeping with a rabbit outside in a hutch or chickens or anything for instance.
and my rational side is like "well they have enclosures, they are animals and can deal with the elements.."

but then I'm like I WONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THEM AND WHAT IF IT RAINS AND WHAT IF THEY GET SCARED!

....so yea.
no outdoor animals lol
I'm the same way, so all my outdoor animals had to have *houses*. Not just a little hutch or something. But a little house, with windows and a lock, plus it had to be painted cute and I was super OCD about cleaning them every day because poop in a little house for chickens is gross. Plus their outdoor area was completely roofed, because hawks and rain.

It made me feel really good when it was storming and windy outside, and I knew my birds were all cozy and safe from predators and weather inside their own little house.

My aunt just brought all her chickens into the dining room to sleep every night. :rofl1: And she's super fussy with a really fancy house. Those were the most loved chickens ever.

I love birds, like finches and smaller parrots and budgies. But I can't handle keeping them in cages. When we had doves they enjoyed flying around the house so much, and it was heartbreaking to have to cram them into a little cage. I will never ever have birds that can't be allowed to go out and do bird stuff. I'll probably get more chickens, and maybe some free ranging pigeons. The only way I'd get any finches or a canary would be if I built a large aviary for them.

BostonBanker

Trissy would like to come live with you, thanks :) He promises to pick up his room and do the dishes as long as he can have his own TV.

Miakoda

....so yea.
no outdoor animals lol

Dixie says she'd love to love in your apartment. She'll even share the bed and provide cuddles on cold winter nights. :D

Members online

No members online now.