have you heard of...

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Lucky_Lover, please don't beat yourself up over things in the past that you can't change anymore.

everyone lives and learns, i doubt that there is a single person here on this forum who hasn't done things to their pets that they regret.

when i was a kid, i had a beautiful great dane. it was our first dog and nobody in my family knew a whole lot about dog care, feeding and so on. we did many things that i wouldn't do now that i know better, and i sometimes still feel bad about it too, but i know my dog had a good life with us, better than most dogs have. i also still feel bad that until about five years ago i fed my cats science diet, which is one of the worst "popular brands" on the market.

but guess what. at some point i started researching, and while i know a thousand times more now than i did five years ago, five years into the future i will know a thousand times more than now and probably laugh about what i don't know right now. live and learn. when i was 16, i couldn't wait to get out of school and do something better with my life. i'll be 33 this year and actually looking forward to go back to school and learn more. it's probably not going to happen this year and maybe not even next year, but eventually i want to prove myself and get professionally certified.

don't be embarassed. do what i did, take things into your own hands and learn what you can. i can offer you all the info on my website, to which you can get by just clicking on my signature. if there's anything on there that you think needs more clarification, or you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Lucky, dear, Sierra was only 6 months old. That's not really enough time for even the worst dog food to cause her death. Okay? There was probably something internally wrong or she may have picked up some doggy bug that you and her owner had no way of knowing about.

Just think, as young as you are you have a long time ahead of you to care for other animals. There will always be something new to learn; you can't blame yourself for not knowing something. The only thing you can blame yourself for is not trying to learn - and you are certainly trying to learn!

So, stick with us, kid and we'll all be learning new things together! (((hugs)))

Thanx

Thanx so much for your forgivness. lol lol I just read my horoscope for today and it said That is I am looking for people to forgive me its not going to happen and they will probably not want to talk to me agin. lol. And I no that dog food couldn't have caused Sierra's death but I am trying to find something to balme it on. Or else I will continue to think that I could have stopped it. Unless I knew that she like some people have said had a bad heart or somthing and was born that way I will always think that I could have provented it. I actually havn't asked her owner what happened but I meen she doesn't want to be reminded of it what if she left something out and Sierra got in to it. That would be a nice convo. "Hi Karen, oh by the way how did Sierra die?" My mom says that is Karen wanted me to know that she would have told me and that Karen probably did leave something out or something that Karen might be beating herself up for. I will always continue to think oh what if I got home from school early and then went right over to Sierras house like I did sometimes and take her over to my house and play with her and then she wouldn't have gotteninto anything or chocked or whatever happened. Thanx again.

Lucky, maybe Karen would just like to talk to someone who loved Sierra as much as she did. Karen may even be worrying that you think she did something wrong. Just go over and give her a hug and tell her that you miss Sierra just like she does.

---------------

I have... the night I heard that Sierra died I went over with my mom to Karens. I gave Karen a hug and then sat down on her couch and looked at all Sierras stuff still laying around I picked up her bed and clutched it to me and cryed into it. Then for about 5 weeks I didn't cry. My mom said I was in shock... but I sure do cry know... some weeks I cry evry day others not so much some weeks not at all. When i didn't cry I would think that I was being mean to Sierra by not crying. http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3271
go there and look at the pic of Sierra it is so gorgeus. I always wonder if Sierra knew I love her.

Saje

Island dweller
Oh she knew. She knew in a much clearer way then we know about love. That's one of the great things about them.

Renee's right. Whatever happened to her was probably not food related. Don't worry about it. You didn't do anything harmful to her ever!

Members online