Koolie looking dog on Craigslist!

You don't post enough (barely any) pictures of Gambit! You need to!

And how come I never get asked if I have a Koolie? I would probably freak the hypothetical person if they did ask me that by being amazed they knew what he was.

A Coolie is a Koolie is a C/Koolie is the best way to put it- exactly like a Heeler is a Cattle Dog, as mentioned above.

I don't quite understand the negativity that is being posted towards Ida's website, statements, breedings etc... I own a Yata Hae Coolie (from Ida) and have spoken to just about every C/Koolie breeder out there, and got a ridiculous amount of negative feedback about every single breeder that I've ever heard of- in three different countries! One is stated to cull the lethal white puppies, one is stated to be snobby, others are stated to breed any herding breed and call them C/Koolies...the list is endless. It's just a bit ridiculous, really! Makes it hard for those of us that just want to learn more and talk with other enthusiasts of this breed to get any straight forward answer or information. I spent half a year asking around for advice on what breeder to get my new puppy from and I was thrown in a million different directions. Other breeders were great in trying to help me in my search and seemed to have awesome dogs as well, without a doubt. Including Toolalla. I ended up going with my breeder for several reasons- but not because of the negativity thrown towards any one breeder. But because of great things I personally know and have heard of about the dogs that have come from her...

That's just my two cents. As long as everyone is breeding with the right intentions and being humane, etc... I just don't get the arguments. Such an awesome, wonderful breed...but so sad that the simple name 'issue' seems to cause such a problem between those that love these dogs :/

I do agree with you, I am short on time right now. But I will explain my side. Basically I asked her questions and none were answered. In fact, I asked again on her FB 3-4 times, and it was deleted over and over.

I simply wanted to know what breeders her dogs originally came from, proof of health testing, ect. It just seems shady that the best she can do is provide a hand made pedigree with no breeder names, no color info, no health testing info, ect. All that was on there is the dogs name and the owners name.

It's all just very weird to me, most breeders love questions and answer them. She just deflects the questions or deletes them.

Just wanted to add:

To me, the whole reason I want to go to a breeder is so I know exactly what I am getting. The pedigree, the different lines involved, health testing, ect. I want to know about my dogs grandparents, how long they lived, if they had any health problems (if so, was it genetic), personality, energy level, working/sports, off switch, looks, ect.

If I wasn't looking for the above, I would just get a shelter dog with an unknown pedigree/lineage. And if a breeder can't answer those questions, why on earth are they breeding? What is the point?

Not saying this particular breeder, just in general. Because as far as "we" know, her breeding dogs may have an amazing pedigree with many stellar dogs behind it. They may have FANTASTIC health testing done, hell they may even be imported from a well known breeder in Australia.

But I wouldn't know because when I asked these questions, I was flat out ignored. So I asked again on FB, and it was deleted. More than once.

Because at one point I was considering getting a dog from there, I really was. But I asked these questions (like I would ask ANY breeder that I wanted a pup from) and after getting no answers I decided against it.

That said, I have nothing against you or your dog. I hope you don't take it that way.

Because everyone looks for different things when choosing a breeder, and they should have the right to get the exact dog they want.

I just wanted to answer your question. :)

I hope you stick around, I think you would like it here.

Yes, I certainly agree. A vast majority of my dogs have been rescues for that very reason. I met one of Ida's Coolies a few months back which was my real introduction to the breed. Even then, I still wanted to see what other breeders and lines were like- some were great and helpful, and others really didn't care to answer my questions which is a huge deterrent. Understandable why you may feel that way if that's the reaction you got from her, because it sounds like we are similar in probably asking many questions and wanting to know as many details as possible about as much as possible (as any dog owner should IMO!)

Just wanted to add my little story because well, I am a dog trainer and I'm always looking at forums, articles, etc. and obviously anything C/Koolie related triggers a greater interest..which is how I came accross this. I hardly ever really post anything (this may be my first post actually on Chaz) but I just thought I had somethig to add. Great forum with great info, and people are always going to have and be entitled to their opinions; I feel like that's what this is here for, really! Gaining and sharing knowledge of the dogs :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Another note about the original dog. Ozzy is a confirmed Aussie/JRT and he looks exactly like a Koolie. I could totally pass him off as one if I wanted to. He's not. Not even close, but he looks just like one. So there's that.

I am the same way, stalking the internet for everything koolie lol. Do you happen to know where her breeding stock come from? I am genuinely curious because it might lead me to other breeders that I like.

DO IT Shai! You know you want too lol.

I actually saw a similar dog on my local CL, except her merleing (sp?) looked more like Travs with no white. 8 yrs old, they had 2 (one was black) and the ad said "australian cattle dog." They looked nothing like ACDs tho.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
DO IT Shai! You know you want too lol.

I actually saw a similar dog on my local CL, except her merleing (sp?) looked more like Travs with no white. 8 yrs old, they had 2 (one was black) and the ad said "australian cattle dog." They looked nothing like ACDs tho.
Unfortunately I am astronomically not set up for fostering right now.

And yeah I think a lot of people don't know the different between roaning and merleing...it's all just varying degrees of speckly coat...so they see quasi-herding type with upright ears, short coat, and speckled...must be a ACD! ;)

Members online

No members online now.