Who's watching "When Good Pets Go Bad"?

L

LabBreeder

I'm sorry but these people make animals look just plain evil. They showed pit bulls that were TRAINED to attack (video showed the woman 'siccing' her pit on the animal control officer). They showed another one that was chasing kids around and jumping after them but not biting until adults started joining in and hitting/shooting at the dogs. *I'd bite if I was getting hit and shot at too!*
They act like these animals are "going bad" when they aren't. There are 3 categories I've seen so far in regards to these videos.
1. Poorly/badly trained (pit vids)
2. wild animals (lions, elephants, etc)
3. Scared/spooked (horse vids and drowning dog vid for example)
This show has the wrong title, IMO and is making animals in those 2 categories look bad.

Stuff like this is why certain breeds get bad raps.:(

Roxy's CD

I am. With every circumstance, it's either because the animal was poorly trained or being provoked.

Kinda scary to watch.

The horse fighting is the worst!

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
I watched it for about half a second and got so disgusted and sad that I had to turn it off. I prefer the show "Animal Miracles". I like to focus on the good stuff I guess :rolleyes:

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Funny how many people end up watching this stuff! In most cases, I think it was normal animal nature (scared horses, bear in stange environment, angry elephants, alligator, etc.). As for the dogs, I was disturbed by the dog that was trained to attack. You know he was euthed because of her stupidity. I agree, the title was wrong. :mad:

L

LabBreeder

I don't mind watching it as long as they show the whole story and the commentary isn't "dramatized" for effect.
Yes, the horse fighting was the worst.
Yes, the trained pit was pts, even though they don't tell you that part.
What sucked was that when the dog in the water bit someone it was "aww, poor puppy was scared." When the pits did it (trained to or stupid owner) it was "Oooh, bad agressive dog!" That one pit chasing and jumping after the kids didn't even bite until the adults got involved and started hitting him and shooting at him. :mad: The one that 'attacked' the police officer was protecting it's owner. The GSD that kept on holding/biting the bad guy looked like it wasn't being given a "release" command. JMO though.

ummm, did anybody see the chihuahua getting eaten by the snake and the owner rather took pictures of it than helping her dog?
im gonna be sick for a while now.....

CamzKees

we saw it last night

On that one where the girl thought her pit bulls were friendly, but they attacked that old lady and her cat anyway, Orchid was barking and barking!

I thought the show was really sad.

Also, I don't think the show was blaming the animals for "going bad." Several times, the commentator mentioned that this was what happened when you took a wild animal out of its environment, or that the attacks were the owners' fault.

Roxy's CD

Yeah, the GSD was bad eh!

That was a big mess up. They kept yelling at the guy to get on the ground and stay still... WTF do they think he was doing!??!

He was screaming yes, "HELP ME! HELP ME! I"M NOT MOVING! GET HIM OFF ME! OH GOD" and tapping his hands on the ground in submission.

They laughed about it after, but I'm sure those cops wouldn't have been laughing in some gansters pitbulls were attacking them relentlessly. That one really pissed me off.

The GSD was obviously not trained well enough to be out on duty.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I've heard a lot about the show. I don't think I've ever seen it. Sounds like something that would tick me off. What happened with the horses? (Someone said horses were fighting.)

L

LabBreeder

Nothing really. It was like watching a dog fight, but with horses. It was a spectator sport caught on camera from what I gathered. They were allowed to fight.

The one where the pits ended up attacking the cat owner was her fault, IMO. If I saw my cat running away (not caught + they can climb trees) I would certainly NOT open my door and allow the chase inside. She was 68 for god's sake. She had to have known she couldn't help the cat, why open the door? For parts of it she didn't even sound like she was being attacked...other parts it did. The reenactment was crap IMO. Either way she shouldn't have opened up her home to a cat/dog chase. Not the brightest thing to do. Granted the dogs shouldn't have been loose, but neither should her cat technically.

soft pawz said:
ummm, did anybody see the chihuahua getting eaten by the snake and the owner rather took pictures of it than helping her dog?
im gonna be sick for a while now.....
oh god, I'm gonna be sick, I saw part of this show, but I'm glad I missed this part, did the dog die?

Members online

No members online now.