New BYBs Puppy Millers

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
My friend Lindsay who lives in the same rural community I did before I moved here called me and while we were talking she told me her neighbors were breeding mutts. I know her neighbors because thye had a beautiful Malamute mix named Harley who spent most of his time on Lindsays families property. She said that they have a sign in their front yard with their family/kennel name and then it says "Hybrids" for sale. They have been in the process of building kennels since last summer and they changed their small barn/garage into a kennel Lindsay tells me. She said she went over the other day when she started to see dogs and puppies being put in the out door kennels. When she asked what the dogs were for her neighbor just told her they decided to go into dog breeding. When she asked what they were breeding they handed her one of their kennels "Fliers".

These are the breeds she listed off to me.

Labradoodle
Labranar (Lab/Weim)
Labernese
Roodle
Doodleman Pincher
"Wolf" hybrid
Yorkiepoo
Lasapoo
Puggle
Bug
Labbe
Huskador
German Shpoodle
Pugchi
Goldendoodle

And a number of others I can't remember. Supposedly the guy bought "purebreds" of all these "breeds" so he says their not mutts their actual breeds. :rolleyes: . Lindsay asked me if there is any way we could shut them down. I told her I wasent sure since from what she told me so far the dogs are being well cared for.

Am I right? As long as the animals airn't starving to death or sickly and if they have proper shelter we really can't do anything right?

Brattina88

Yea, probably. Unless she doesn't have a kennel liscense, or theres a barking nucence or something
:( isn't it irritating?!
I think probably the best thing you can do is spread the word, when no one wants to buy from her that's when she'll shut down.

Citrus007

No, unfortunatly I don't think ther eis anything. You know whats funny though, I didnt know what type of mix a huskador was so I looked it up on google and there was this one site that was like "here is our pure bred huskador" and then the went on to say that the mother was a lab and that the father was a husky "maybe" yeah sounds like a real soun d purebred, mixes arent even purebreds anyways. some people are crazy, its kind of sad. But they had gotten her from the humane society so I guess thats ok.

Aren't wolf hybrids illegal in most states now? Just circle the Wolf hybrid part and hand it to local law enforcement and the animal control.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
4WheelVFR said:
Aren't wolf hybrids illegal in most states now? Just circle the Wolf hybrid part and hand it to local law enforcement and the animal control.
Their not real wolf hybrids their just calling them wold hybrids. Their mixes of Alaskan Malamutes/GSD/Akitas so they look like wolves but they airn't. They are selling them like they the real thing.

Atleast that is what my friend was told.

bubbatd

I absolutely crapped last week (or so ) when a Sunday morning program interviewed a " designer " breeder.Older gentleman who was doing every mixed breeding for $$$$ ....Great looking kennel. great looking pups... ALL over priced for curs !!! If anyone is looking for these mixes.... Find them at the HS !!!!!! I have a friend who back in the 60s laughed and called her pup a snauz/poo .... yes it was a mix and she got it for free....she called it that for fun....

Members online

No members online now.